PDA

View Full Version : what i have learned on my tours as of recent

Kryptic4L
08-15-2010, 05:34 AM
There is a store in calgary with 230 gallon tanks for 499. I believe this to be a good deal.

This same store is also selling catalina goby's which makes me want to set up a fluval edge for the purpose of aquiring said fish.

There is another huge store which Is near a huge hobby store, which I have fallen in love with a vivarium display they have. Yet dont sell the mini broms as seen in the viv.

The calgary tropical plant market is complete fail.

And last but not least, the stores are all feeling the summer slowness as the stock is pretty dry........ and this really sucks when my money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Wingin It
08-15-2010, 03:50 PM
You just have to know when to shop...when stock first comes in is the LFSs busiest day, everyone is buying the Marine fish before they are even taken out of their shipping bags! It's complete chaos especially when everyone knows just when to come! lol This summer I have seen some stores bring in some pretty awesome stuff...especially as of late, but you'll never see it if you don't come right when the boxes are open! ;)

Delphinus
08-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Agree it's very frustrating to find mini broms around here. You have to do mail order.

That said I have a couple I need to trim out. I had talked with someone a few months ago about doing some trades but it never panned out and I never see him on the board any longer. If you're interested LMK, we're only talking 2 or 3 here. I have to double check the tags to see what they are.

I've been wanting a Vriesea racinae mini brom for like 7 years and can never seem to cinch one. If you have one and want to trim it some day ...... think of me :)

What store has the viv display? If it is what I think it is, it must be new as I don't remember seeing one there the last time I was there a month or two ago??

Kryptic4L
08-15-2010, 06:41 PM
it is the store your probably thinking of, and its not really out in the open or where one might think it would be, its like right when you walk in there is a section with tanks for sale on the left side. its mixed in with all them.

ill send you a pm.