PDA

View Full Version : Volitan and Harlequin Tusk eating

lionfaceman
08-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Hey everyone I am having a problem with my Volitan and Harlequin Tusk not eating the food i am supplying them. The Volitan has never had live fish for food has always eatin frozen but i can`t seem to get him to eat, he hasn`t even move from the spot from where i put him in the tank 5 days ago. Now the tusk is a different story. He wont touch the shimp i have been feeding him but he will go after the bristle worms that keep popping out of my live rock. Im not exactly to sure what to do to get these guys eating frozen food. Am i feeding the wrong food cuz i have asked at the stores and read up on what they eat but no luck,any suggestions would be awesome.

Thx

The Codfather
08-15-2010, 04:09 AM
Try fresh scallops, that is what I used when I first got my harlequin. It took about 2 weeks of that before he started eating other food.

whatcaneyedo
08-15-2010, 04:58 AM
The volitan sounds really stressed if its not even moving. What size of tank do you have it in? What is the temperature at? Can you give us some more details on your system in general?

Lance
08-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Have you tried garlic? Good appetite enhancer.

lionfaceman
08-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey guys I tryed the fresh scallops and it worked. My loin fish came out from hiding when I turned the pumps off for feeding but went back into hiding when the pumps turned back on. Could the current in the tank be to strong for him. He is a little guy about 3-4 inchs long.

lionfaceman
08-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Ok before you all tell me my tank is to small for him/them. I am planning on upgrading to a bigger tank probably a 125 gallon at xmas time.

Red sea 250 max

-65 gallon
-Temp at 76 degrees
-Ammonia 0
-Nitrates 2 ppm
-Nitrates 0
-Ph 8.2
-Salinity 1.026
I have frogspawn and pulsing zinnias so higher salinity.

lionfaceman
08-15-2010, 10:22 PM
http://canreef.com/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=404&pictureid=3503

The Codfather
08-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Scallops work every time, good to hear.

banditpowdercoat
08-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Hey guys I tryed the fresh scallops and it worked. My loin fish came out from hiding when I turned the pumps off for feeding but went back into hiding when the pumps turned back on. Could the current in the tank be to strong for him. He is a little guy about 3-4 inchs long.

Mine hasnt eaten, but loves my current. 3000GPH closed loop