PDA

View Full Version : what the @%^^&$^ am I doing wrong????

banditpowdercoat
08-14-2010, 06:39 PM
I seem to not be able to keep Puffers??? Brought home a foxface, Lionfish and Puffer on Thursday. The Lion and puffer were in the same tank at JL. Acclimated them for over an hr. Puffer was swimming fine when we put him in, checking the tank out etc. Yesterday, I don't see him. Foxface and Lion are out but figure puffer is hiding. Today, find him in the closed loop return. Theres not alot of suction in the CL return as I have 4 inlets, so I don;t think he just got stuck. This is my 3rd puffer I have tried and lost within a week of acclimating?? All the other fish are fine. What the heck am I doing wrong? We want one SOOOO bad.

banditpowdercoat
08-14-2010, 06:54 PM
GAHHH I'm just so mad, sad, PO'd......

BlueWorldAquatic
08-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Do you take the puffer out of the water at any time during the acclimation process?

Ken

banditpowdercoat
08-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you take the puffer out of the water at any time during the acclimation process?

Ken

Yes. This one I did. I totally forgot. And, he puffed with some air :( But I "burped" him and he went to normal size. Was inflated like 5 seconds tops. He seemed to be fine after. Swimming fine etc. Think air ingestion could be it?