PDA

View Full Version : 10 invertebrates to avoid

hillegom
08-14-2010, 04:42 PM
I came across this and found it interesting

According to practical fishkeeping magazine

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=3126&utm_source=PFK_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=August_12_2010_b&utm_term=10_marine_invertebrates_to_avoid&utm_content=html

Wingin It
08-14-2010, 05:20 PM
I would have to agree with many of those.

I had a Nudi that lasted only a few days, got sucked up in powerhead...gone. Bought a "cauliflower" coral against fellow members advice 'cause I can do it attitude, had to give it up to a more experienced person, my bad. Brittle Star, scared the heck outta me, gave 'em both away, found a 3rd one in my tank last week...Yikes, don't like 'em for sure. Huge Hermits, they have 'em at Big Al's, they certainly look destructive enough. Octopus, aren't they super smart and adept at getting out of even the smallest hole??! Yup.
I agree with most if not all of that article. :)

Rogue951
08-14-2010, 05:36 PM
I have 3 of thise big hermits in my sump. Bought at Island pets.
they can do all the destruction they want lol. I keep it in the sump in/protein skimmer area and return pump chambers to clean up any crap left over.
one made the mistake of climbing the silicone and up and over the partition into my mantis shrimp partition.... well... he didn't come back out...

daniella3d
08-15-2010, 04:34 AM
Avoid sponges??? don,t they know that some sponges do very well in aquarium and are photosynthetic???? like the Haliclone blue spong which is beautiful and easy to keep in aquarium provided good light.

I even have a small fragment that detached from the mother colony and was attached to the liferock in only one day.

I came across this and found it interesting

According to practical fishkeeping magazine

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=3126&utm_source=PFK_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=August_12_2010_b&utm_term=10_marine_invertebrates_to_avoid&utm_content=html

Seamazter
08-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Great article I call for a sticky.

phyto4life
08-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Avoid sponges??? don,t they know that some sponges do very well in aquarium and are photosynthetic???? like the Haliclone blue spong which is beautiful and easy to keep in aquarium provided good light.

I even have a small fragment that detached from the mother colony and was attached to the liferock in only one day.

I agree with u I have the same sponge and it is doing very well under 4xt5 h.o
very easy to frag and can also be taken out of water for a very short time and put back in with no worries of it dieing due to trapped oxygen in it's cells