PDA

View Full Version : LF : mini carpet anemone

arash53
08-12-2010, 10:57 PM
I am looking for some mini carpet anemone.

paddyob
08-13-2010, 12:25 AM
I am looking for some mini carpet anemone.

If it for your 35 gallon. Probably not a good choice. They get big and will possibly move around... harming corals.

I would avoid for a small tank. There are better choices.

You could always get a bigger tank ha ha! You seem to want things that are not suitable for your system.

xtreme
08-13-2010, 12:32 AM
The mini carpets are ok for nanos, they only get 3 or 4" max. I wouldn't mine finding a couple myself they can have some really nice color.

Keri
08-13-2010, 01:02 AM
The true mini ones do actually stay really small - though they do need the same kind of lighting as the big guys, and can be fish eaters :)

paddyob
08-13-2010, 01:06 AM
The true mini ones do actually stay really small - though they do need the same kind of lighting as the big guys, and can be fish eaters :)

Mini carpets?? I thought he meant he wanted a small one. Sorry about that.

I was unaware they came in "mini" size.

ONly an inch in diameter. Seems kinda .... I dont know.... small....

Online "stats"...

Description
Mini Carpet Anemone's are an excellent choice for anyone who has a smaller tank or who simply loves anemone's. They grow to an adult size of about 1.5" and do not bother neighboring corals. They reproduce in the home aquarium by splitting.
Stats
Frag Size 1"-1.5"

Care Level: Easy

Aggresiveness: Peaceful

Lighting Requirements: Moderate

Water Flow: Medium

Family: Stichodactylidae

Water Conditions: 72-80° F, sg 1.023-1.025,
dkh 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4

Interesting....

Keri
08-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Mini carpets?? I thought he meant he wanted a small one. Sorry about that.

I was unaware they came in "mini" size.

no worries :D they aren't nearly as common as the big guys, I've seen them for sale a lot more often in the states... and there was a green one getting sold a couple of times on canreef a year or two ago, I think it kept eating people's fish. It was very pretty tho.

noirsphynx
08-13-2010, 02:04 AM
I see them a lot on the NR forum but so far only in tanks in the US. I'd love to get some small colorful ones but you never see them around here.

LeeR
08-13-2010, 02:18 AM
id love some too! i had one of the green ones and ended up giving it away. i had it id by adinsxq over on NR but i cant remember what it was now. when i was trying to get it out it ended up stinging the **** outa my hand.

arash53
08-13-2010, 03:35 AM
I could not find any in the j&l and king ed but I have not check the Ocean Aquatics yet.

paddyob
08-13-2010, 04:21 AM
I see them a lot on the NR forum but so far only in tanks in the US. I'd love to get some small colorful ones but you never see them around here.

Sorry.... but what is NR?

arash53
08-13-2010, 04:22 AM
Nano-reef.com