PDA

View Full Version : Decorator Crab

jorjef
08-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these? I guess they would be somewhat reef safe... Looking for peoples stories good or bad.

parkinsn
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I had one for about a year in a 90g. It was pretty cool, always had zoa's, sponge, and whatever eles it could find to stick on itself. Never really "hurt" anything. It would however steal shrimp off some of the corals that I would spot feed and walk on coral without regard for them (always my green bubble that did not like it). Other than that it was pretty sweet till it eventually withered away, not sure if they are good long term in a tank though. Only really saw it after lights out.

Lance
08-12-2010, 10:29 PM
KILL IT!!! All crabs are evil! :twised:

jorjef
08-12-2010, 10:47 PM
lol I havn't even bought it yet, But I could throw it under my front tire as I drive away from the LFS.... I have some others I would ike to get rid of.... A red little guy that always sits in my Sun Coral after lights out, other white one that likes burrowing under the rocks, another brownish hairy guy that lives in the rocks...OHHH and the Mantis I'm going to silicone him in his hole one day!!!!!

lastlight
08-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm with Lance. I've tried giving all manner of crabs a chance or two over the years and now I'm thru. When my hermits pass on I won't even replace them.

Too bad. I love crabs.

jorjef
08-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I do have a Hermit that really is starting to be a pain in arse.....Stomps all over my Tougue Coral.... doesn't seem to hurt it but I don't like it. I'm always yelling at him for one reason or another. I usually toss him in the back behind the rocks ...... maybe crabs ARE EVIL!!!!. I'll go for some pep shrimps instead lol

lastlight
08-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Haha that's too funny as I have a large one I also always yell at. I call the wife over and say "watch this.".

I toss fodd in and no matter where he is he charges OVER everything. He'll get to the edge of the outcrop and simply let go and fall onto the sand. What really chokes me is that he doesn't like to crawl across the sand. He'll make sure he moves OVER every last coral and polyp on the sandbed. A few times I have yanked him to either toss into the back and once to simply get rid of. My daughter comes around the corner at that very moment and i quickly turned the shell around.

"Daddy what are you doing?"

"I'm just taking this shell out..."

"But big Joe is in the shell"

*CRAP!!*

And so back in he went. I told the bastard that she had just saved his life...for now!

jorjef
08-13-2010, 02:49 AM
I've visualized more than once mine being throw out the front door onto the street and maniacally waiting on the step for him to be run over......I have to make sure the cleaner shrimp is feed Mysis first before any of the corals or he goes on a rampage actually pulling food right out of the Duncans mouth....Damn inverts and crustaceans.....lol

Poseidon 999
08-13-2010, 05:24 PM
DONT KILL IT all crabs are nice:angel:

Lance
08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
DONT KILL IT all crabs are nice:angel:

Nice and Tasty, with garlic & lemon butter!

Leah
08-13-2010, 06:05 PM

Well then....I guess we all know who will be receiving are unwanted crabs from now on. :wink:

jorjef
08-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Well then....I guess we all know who will be receiving are unwanted crabs from now on. :wink:

I have about a million replys to that one but..alas I take the high road.

Leah
08-13-2010, 06:39 PM
:lol:

Lance
08-13-2010, 06:42 PM

No problem. I've got lots of Lindane. :lol:

Leah
08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
No problem. I've got lots of Lindane. :lol:

Use it often eh? :razz:

Poseidon 999
08-13-2010, 07:07 PM
tee hee

Poseidon 999
08-13-2010, 07:09 PM
may harm animals it pruns.

Poseidon 999
08-13-2010, 07:13 PM
crabs have tanks & and bombers you know!:laser::Banane36: