PDA

View Full Version : dried seaweed sheets question

scar_11
08-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I have read some place that you can buy the dried seaweed sheets they use for susi rolls and put it in you tank for tangs and other alge eaters. I was wondering if anyone does this? the one package I found i could not read any thing on it and the other one the secound ingedient was soy sauce, what does everyone think?

marie
08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Just about everyone who has tangs uses Nori to feed them, you can find them in the asian section section of the grocery store... Don't get the seasoned kind

parkinsn
08-12-2010, 02:50 PM
I know superstore has the stuff you need (in calgary anyway). You have to buy the stuff with no soy suace or salt in it just strait seaweed. Its really handy cuz its perferated for the perfect size you need every time and its also cheap. I have fed it to tangs in the past with no issues.

edikpok
08-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Yup I do it. Bought it from save onfoods.... make sure it is sundried and has absolutely no additives. I don't think fish would like soy source. Although some people add vodka (universal solution to all problems) to their tanks so what do I know???? Seriously thou, n additives. Just dry seaweed

scar_11
08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Yup I do it. Bought it from save onfoods.... make sure it is sundried and has absolutely no additives. I don't think fish would like soy source. Although some people add vodka (universal solution to all problems) to their tanks so what do I know???? Seriously thou, n additives. Just dry seaweed

thats solves all my problems it must work on fish also....

leave that topic to another thread

wickedfrags
08-12-2010, 03:30 PM
This clip method can really make a mess of your tank. Try and find some Sera Spirulina tablets, they stick to the glass, are a good quality food and are a great way to show off your fish. Better still, they do not foul up your tank.