PDA

View Full Version : ATI or KZ

bignose
08-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Looking to get some new bulbs for my T5HO fixture but I am undecided on what to buy. I wanted to buy all ATI bulbs 4xaquascience and 2xpure atinic. I like the aquascience because my corals are still mostly frags and the atinics for the color pop.

I was told by a friend that KZ bulbs are better. I was also told by a LFS that ATI bulbs are better.

Any thoughts? experiences?

deputy1234
08-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Looking to get some new bulbs for my T5HO fixture but I am undecided on what to buy. I wanted to buy all ATI bulbs 4xaquascience and 2xpure atinic. I like the aquascience because my corals are still mostly frags and the atinics for the color pop.

I was told by a friend that KZ bulbs are better. I was also told by a LFS that ATI bulbs are better.

Any thoughts? experiences?

I would suggest the KZ bulbs. I've used ATI, aquascience and giesemann bulbs and I find the KZ bulbs to be better.

Giesemann bulbs, they have some nice colours but they don't put out much par.

Aquascience bulbs, Nice colours and puts out alot of par.

ATI bulbs, I got good growth from my sps but the only thing i didn't like was the bulbs have a hint of yellow in them which did bother me. Put out a lot of par.

I've combined the aquascience bulbs and ATI for a nice combination of colour and par and my SPS responded very well.

I currently have the KZ bulbs on my fixture right now and I am very happy with the results. The colour is perfect and they put out a lot of par. The problem with ATI's IMO was the hint of yellow in the bulbs, my SPS grew well with ATI but i just didn't like the colour. With KZ bulbs I am able to get good growth with a better over all colour.

bignose
08-12-2010, 12:02 AM
I have noticed a tinge of yellow in my tank. I don't notice it until I'm actually looking for it.

1 for KZ

TheKid
08-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Right now I'm running 2 kz superblues 1 Ati aquablue special and a actinic white ghl I think? But my next light are either gonna be 3 blues and a Fiji purple or 2 superblues and 2 fiji

fishytime
08-12-2010, 02:34 AM
if your going for growth.....aquascience.....if not, than any combination of the top three .....its just a matter of finding a combination you like:wink:

bignose
08-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Definitely going for growth because my corals are mostly frags.

Kryptic4L
08-16-2010, 06:06 AM
eh im partial to my ati blue pluses myself. The aquablue special's may get changed out for something else my next time around.

bignose
08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
I've never seen the color of the blues. How many k's are they?