PDA

View Full Version : Want new fish, but want input first.

silentcivilian
08-11-2010, 03:35 AM
So, in the future ill want to add some more fish to my tank, and there are some fish ive grown to like, but still want to respect the boundaries of what is ok to swim with what. If I had my way, id have a snow flake eel in my mixed reef with everything else.. but I know that wont do.

My tastes are fairly simple other than the one guilty pleasure of really really really wanting a chevron tang.

This is what I have: Coral Beauty, Yellow Tang, Banggai Cardinal, 3 blue chromis, Lawn Mower Blenny, Cleaner Wrasse, Cleaner Shrimp, Pom Pom Crab (I think.. havent seen him in a week or more), Porcelian Crab.

Fish I like: Foxface (really like them) Chevron Tang (really really like them) Chromis (would love to see 5 swiming together) Picaso Clownfish, Clown Goby (not picky on color), 6 line wrasse, Flame Angel and a Mandrin.

Fish I didnt know that I love: (This is the section where your input comes into play)

Final Suggestions that would do well in a mixed reef, 4'x2'x2':

http://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pQqOSsIeUOywClYI5rA4bpy0Slt_gFrRHMwnK3Uj5TjpSVDw m1U7dNqaaB6RDwJDWtF_MidLSTNL0oHoSJpsnYA/DSC04236.JPG?psid=1

Thanks guys, really appreciate input.

Wingin It
08-11-2010, 04:14 AM
How bout an Engineer Goby, looks like an Eel, but isn't!

rtram
08-11-2010, 05:25 AM
theres a possibility that the flame angel may pick at your sps.

chevron tangs are neat.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Chevron juv. are beautiful. Adults look totally different so make sure that you still like the adult colouration.

If the tank is covered and has a sandbed, I love adding jawfish (especially Yellowheaded Jawfish).

Royal Gramma is also very beautiful.

Depends on the size of fish you are looking at.

The Foxface will probably outgrow that tank, btw.

Yellow canary wrasse are nice.

For another angel, look at Cherubs (dwarf dwarf).

edikpok
08-11-2010, 02:45 PM
How about midas blenny? Excellent fish and swims like a eel as well... just smaller

kevNnic
08-11-2010, 03:56 PM
im a big fan of hawkfish, i have a great flame hawkfish and could watch him for hours.

ponokareefer
08-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I've tried dropping a clown goby in my similiar size system, and saw it for a day or 2, and then never again. Not sure if it got eaten/died, or is just so tiny I can't find him. The flame angel may decide any day to start eating some of the coral just as a warning.