PDA

View Full Version : AC III help

Skimmerking
08-09-2010, 11:36 PM
how in the heck do I use this thing i was looking at the control panel and was surfing through it hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

the PH probe was already calibrated but should i do it again after getting it home ,

I have the temp probe, ORP, PH probes soaking in Vinegar right now straight vinegar

whatcaneyedo
08-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Did it not come with a manual? If it didn't you can open one from their website http://www.neptunesys.com/images/downloads/AquaController3_3.20_web.pdf

I was confused as hell when I first begun using it too... Eventually you get the hang of it though and then its pretty easy.

Re-set the controller to its defalt settings so that you're starting fresh (its explained in the manual) and then re-calibrate your pH and ORP probes but leave the temperature probe alone unless it seems really inaccurate. That is what I would do. I actually went so far as to test the temperature probe of my ACIII against a lab grade thermometer at our university and it was dead on.

Skimmerking
08-11-2010, 01:26 AM
i have read that manual and no reset on it

whatcaneyedo
08-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Its vague but go to page 44 in the users manual. From the 'setup' menu you should be able to find 'Init Memory' which will reset the controller to its default program.

Skimmerking
08-11-2010, 02:07 AM
and what will that do

whatcaneyedo
08-11-2010, 03:48 AM
That will re-set everything on the controller to its factory default settings which should make it easier to program and use. Right now we do not know what adjustments the previous owner has made (if any) which is why I'd advise starting fresh so that there are no surprises.