PDA

View Full Version : fish ideas

bignose
08-09-2010, 03:42 AM
I run a 90G tank that up until now had 2 med. sized tangs. About a month ago they started to get more aggressive so they had to go to a bigger tank. This has left me with a midas blenny and scooter blenny. I'm going to go smaller fish looking to start with some active swimmers. Got any ideas?

I would like a Strawberry pseudochromis for sure.

Wingin It
08-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Firefish, gudgeons, chromis, pygmy angels

Albertan22
08-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Clownfish are always a staple, my purple firefish is also a beautiful fish, though I don't know that you'd consider him an active swimmer. He's out all the time, but kinda hovers around rather than swimming the tank.

BlueTang<3
08-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Fill it up with some anthais or wrasses. They are active and have great colours.

bignose
08-09-2010, 04:07 AM
I had firefish in the past and had problems with jumpers. I still haven't built a screen but I probably will. I've thought about clowns and decided to put them in last if I get any. I was thinking of some schooling fish but I'm not sure how many smaller fish I can have in my tank.

Here is what I like so far:

Strawberry pseudochromis
bi color anthias
Lyretail anthias
squarespot male anthias
Sunburst anthias

BlueTang<3
08-09-2010, 04:12 AM
As for the male square spot you have to watch just added a male with no females, as the male will lose most of his colouring if he has no one to show off too.

Best is too look on the site for cheaper colourful fish.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1637+748&pcatid=748

bignose
08-09-2010, 04:18 AM
:lol: Nice link to the blue dot jaw fish. Perhaps some day too much for my wallet!

Any fish particular fish to recommend?

BlueTang<3
08-09-2010, 04:26 AM
Haha that is where i had bookmarked it lol there a great fish. Just look i spent a few mins every once and a while and look around it.
s for anthasis Highfin Perchlet Bartlett and Sunburst are my favs other than the Blotched but there pricey.

I just picked http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+21+57&pcatid=57 up the other day great fish he has good personality and great colour.

If u putting a lid on the tank i would pick up a few wrasses they add alot of colour and movement to the tank.

Hawkfish are cool to great personalities always watching you

I am bad for this i got about 35 different fish in my tank i have way too many favs lol

Madreefer
08-09-2010, 05:04 PM
As for the male square spot you have to watch just added a male with no females, as the male will lose most of his colouring if he has no one to show off too.

Best is too look on the site for cheaper colourful fish.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1637+748&pcatid=748

I did not know that happens. I started out with 3 females and a male. After 3 years there is no more chicks. I really like his colors and I hope they stay. Was'nt going to get him a girlfreind 'cause he seems like a bit of dick to his ladies. Might have to change my mind if his colors get dull.

bignose
08-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks BlueTang, I was thinking of a hawkfish they definately do have personality from what I've seen in stores. I really like the Sunburst anthias I'm going to add that to my list. When I can spare some cash I will definitely buy one.

paddyob
08-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Fill it up with some anthais or wrasses. They are active and have great colours.

Anthias are nice but some need to be fed three times a day.

xtreme
08-10-2010, 03:07 AM
If you want a hawkfish look into the flame hawk. Very cool fish with lots of personality, one of my favourites in my tank.

bignose
08-11-2010, 01:25 AM
I just read that anthias need to be in a 150G tank on a web site. I thought they would be fine in a 90G.

Albertan22
08-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Make sure you carefully research your antias if you put any in. I had three purple queen anthias in my tank that only lasted a couple of months. They were really timid eaters and just wouldn't compete with other fish for the food I put in the tank. Eventually they starved, even with me trying to target feed them :cry:

bignose
08-11-2010, 11:35 PM
I only have a midas blenny and a scooter blenny in my tank now. Lot's of room for fish.

Poseidon 999
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Dwarf angles, dwarf angles and more dwarf angles!:mrgreen:

gobytron
08-12-2010, 07:17 PM
add a harem (3 or 4) royal grammas.

you will be blown away by how active these fish are (particularily the male as he attends to his ladies) when in a small group and given lots of hiding spaces and overhangs....