PDA

View Full Version : Eheim hand held gravel cleaner

Frozenocean
08-09-2010, 03:39 AM
http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=500&uid=1693646687
Anyone had any experience this Eheim hand held gravel cleaner/sludge remover?

It's like an underwater dust buster......90 bucks though....seemed like a cool thing for spot detritus removal.....doesn't remove water, runs on batteries and can be fully submerged.

dylanserbin
08-09-2010, 06:38 AM
im sure it works great, but so does x number of feet of rubber tubing from rona or home depot. It's also a fraction of the price.

Frozenocean
08-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Tubing is great but I was thinking that you don't have to drag it out, you don't remove any water (I know you'd normally want to do this but...you don't have to mix or have any water made up).....you just suck up the crap and get it out of the tank....

Madreefer
08-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Neat idea but much easier to play with your flow so you don't have dead spots in your tank.

Frozenocean
08-09-2010, 05:11 PM
My flow must not be optimized.....90 gallon 4feet long

My flow consists of my on return, A tunze nano wavebox at one end, a seio with lots of flow (can't remember the model number off the top of my head) on the other backwall, a koralia 2 at the bottom right hand corner.

I have a couple of Tunze Turbelle nanostream 6055s with a multi controller that I haven't put in....thought too much....

I could probably use some tips on flow amounts and directions and powerhead placements.

Mostly zoos, LPS and a few branches of Bird's nest I'm growing

Madreefer
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Sounds like enough flow. So you wanna trade your koralia 2 for a 4?

Frozenocean
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
I could.....you need alittle less for something?

Madreefer
08-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah I want to put anothe PH in my refugium to tumble chaeto but the only spare ones I have are 4 of the koralia 4's. Way too much flow for that.

Canadian
08-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I have one and it works great. I got it online from Big Al's a few years ago when they were on sale at 50% off and paid something like $30 for it with free shipping. Previously I used it in my tank when it was BB to quickly suck up detritus in the one spot it settled in the tank. Now I use it to clean up my SSB. Still going strong. Great little cleaner and the convenience can't be beat - suck up the detritus without having to transfer or remove any water.

Frozenocean
08-09-2010, 06:45 PM
That's what I figured......some good spot cleaning.....80 bucks though. I'll wait for a sale

Thanks man