PDA

View Full Version : Azure Damsel Behaviour

jostafew
08-08-2010, 05:06 AM
Hello everyone, I've got an azure damsel (for about 2 months) that's been a bit of a sh** disturber, quarreling with my royal gramma and occasionally my false perc. clown. Everything I read tells me that this guy should be a peacefull fish but it's constantly pestering the other fishes, occasionally causing damage to the gramma or itself (retalliation from the gramma). I'm a little puzzled. There are only 3 fish (and a number of crustaceans) in the 70gal tank, would having more fish like a group of small cardinals for example provide some distraction and alleviate the problem?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

paddyob
08-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Hello everyone, I've got an azure damsel (for about 2 months) that's been a bit of a sh** disturber, quarreling with my royal gramma and occasionally my false perc. clown. Everything I read tells me that this guy should be a peacefull fish but it's constantly pestering the other fishes, occasionally causing damage to the gramma or itself (retalliation from the gramma). I'm a little puzzled. There are only 3 fish (and a number of crustaceans) in the 70gal tank, would having more fish like a group of small cardinals for example provide some distraction and alleviate the problem?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Its peaceful for a damsel.... but still a damsel. It was the worst one I had in an all damsel tank. glad I no longer own one. Sorry. But get rid of it. Adding smaller fish is only gonna have him beat up another fish.