PDA

View Full Version : New to Site! Sayin Hi

IronRising
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Hey guys, I've been creeping the site for a while now thought i would introduce myself. Shannon over at Blue World told me to check you guys out. So far the info i have gleaned from you guys and the site has been invaluable. I thought i would post some pics of my tank and see what you think. Before i get yelled at for the tangs they are just in that tank temporarily i am in the process of setting up a 90 gallon.

Also i am kind of a DIYer, been making my own stuff for years. I'll be posting in the DIY section later today on making a moon light from cold cathode lights for under 40 bucks that lights the aquarium quite nicely.

Without further aduo my tank.

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/hull.gif/http://img251.imageshack.us/i/img8219i.jpg/

Trabby
08-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Welcome to canreef!! Your tank looks great!

muck
08-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Welcome to Canreef!!

I love me a good DIY thread. :mrgreen:

Wingin It
08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Tank looks great! Welcome to the forum!

Sunee
08-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Welcome. Tank looks great!

Lance
08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Welcome to Canreef! :biggrin:

TheKid
08-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Looking good!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:
AND :welcome:

IronRising
08-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Hey everybody thanks for the welcome! i did not get a chance to post that DIY moonlight but I'll get it up ASAP.

Seamazter
08-06-2010, 03:29 AM
Wanted to say, if anyone gave you troubles for housing your tangs in that tank they have no need.
Those tangs are more then the right size for that size of tank.
Alot of swimming places, grazing area and not too many other fish.

I am not one to talk really, as i shutdown my 180 gallon because my regal tang was always circling my frag rack, day after day everyday, that was a nicely stocked 180.
I kept all my corals and smaller fish and placed into a 90 gallon.
Then just last week decided the only fish i want to keep now are bottom dwellers or fish that live under or near rocks.
So now all i have is 2 clownish and a red scooter.
You can see it in their eyes and their behavior when they are unhappy.
Your fish are nice and colorful and seem to be well adjusted.

viperfish
08-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Welcome to Canreef! Looks like things are going pretty well for you in your current tank, I can't wait to see the new build. You'll meet some of the nicest people in the hobby here, and there is always someone willing to help. Like Seamazter said, you're doing fine with the Tangs. Very cool looking Dragon Goby!

Seamazter
08-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Like Seamazter said, you're doing fine with the Tangs.
Seamazter moves his chair closer to medhatreefguy.