PDA

View Full Version : table saw and blade

StirCrazy
11-21-2003, 04:48 AM
Just a tidbit of info for all you acrylic DIY types out there, nothing beets a good table say and blade. for the saw I am glad I spent the extra 300 and went with a quality saw instead of a cheeper one. not only did I get a little more weight (300lbs instead of 220lbs) but I got a much smoother running motor also. more weight and les vibration = nicer cuts.

also the blade is a very important part, don;t settle for a tripple chip 80 tooth finnishing blade. spend the money and get a proper no melt acrilic blade. sure it is 160.00 as aposed to 80.00 but after building my overflow tonight and the results I got gluing strait off the saw I think it was worth every penny.

Steve

Chad
11-21-2003, 06:01 AM
Just a tidbit of info for all you acrylic DIY types out there, nothing beets a good table say and blade. for the saw I am glad I spent the extra 300 and went with a quality saw instead of a cheeper one. not only did I get a little more weight (300lbs instead of 220lbs) but I got a much smoother running motor also. more weight and les vibration = nicer cuts.

also the blade is a very important part, don;t settle for a tripple chip 80 tooth finnishing blade. spend the money and get a proper no melt acrilic blade. sure it is 160.00 as aposed to 80.00 but after building my overflow tonight and the results I got gluing strait off the saw I think it was worth every penny.

Steve

I agree with the blade.. I got a acrylic blade.. something like 220 teeth? I donno.. lots and lots anyways..

Chad

StirCrazy
11-21-2003, 01:11 PM
I agree with the blade.. I got a acrylic blade.. something like 220 teeth? I donno.. lots and lots anyways..

Chad

actualy it still only has 80 teeth. it is the shape of the tooth, the material it is made from, the rake angle, and then also the construction of the rest of the blade its self. ther eis a problem with to many teeth in that you will get melting, so it is a fine ballance between melting and smooth cutting.

for info the blade I bought is from "FSTOOL" and it is specificly a non-melting acrylic blade.

Steve

dbdavid
11-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Hi Steve

Do you happen to know the manufacturer and part number on your acrylic blade? Is FSTOOLS a local store or online?

Thanks

Dave

StirCrazy
11-21-2003, 02:33 PM
This is the blade I got.
http://www.1blades.com/products.ecs/list/142/1486/0/5/ (second one down)

you can buy it from that company (a bit more money than I paied) or you can fill out the customer service question form to FStool and ask for a name of a local distrubitor (probably your best bet and usaly the stores will discount from sugested price as mine did) here is the link to FSTool

http://www.fstoolcorp.com/contactus.html

Steve[/url]

Chad
11-21-2003, 04:52 PM
I think my blade has much more than 80 teeth.. close to what I said.. I will look at it tonight.. maybe I am wrong?? I don't care really.. so long as it cuts it cleanly.

Chad

StirCrazy
11-21-2003, 11:27 PM
usaly your blades with 200 teeth or something like that are for finnishing plywood and melmanine, arbrite ext more for laminants (counter tops) than acrylic. they may work fine don't get me wrong but if yoused a lot for acrylic you will find they dull very fast and need frequent resharpening or replacment.

Steve

kari
11-22-2003, 01:04 AM
Hey Steve;

What saw did you invest in? I've been window shopping again for quite some time and trying to figure out what to do with my current table saw. It's only 2 years old so it's a little difficult to convince my handler it's time to upgrade to something that the blade rings when you start it. Every guy needs new power tools right?

Kari

StirCrazy
11-22-2003, 02:57 AM
Hey Steve;

What saw did you invest in? I've been window shopping again for quite some time and trying to figure out what to do with my current table saw. It's only 2 years old so it's a little difficult to convince my handler it's time to upgrade to something that the blade rings when you start it. Every guy needs new power tools right?

Kari

:mrgreen: I ended up going with the Delta 650 pro. the international version has cast iron extensions (what we get in Canada) whare the US version has stamped steel extensions. so ours ends up being about 30 Lbs heavier and to me I think we are getting the better deal :lol:

Steve