PDA

View Full Version : Artemis MH (ebay) problems

josie
08-01-2010, 03:03 PM
We were using Plusrite MH and we wanted to try out the Artemis this time... they dont light up!

our ballast: Odysea elctronique 250w

whats going on???

lastlight
08-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Did the fixture come with bulbs or not? If it came with them and it won't fire that's definitely not good news since you'd assume they'd bundle compatible bulbs. There are certain combinations of ballast/bulb that don't play nice although I think these days an e-ballast will fire darn near anything. Is it electronic?

josie
08-01-2010, 03:56 PM
it's eltronic
I was using Plusrite MH bulbs before with no problem, just wanted to try the artemis MH bulbs... but they dont light up... strange...

josie
08-02-2010, 02:50 PM
anyone?

mseepman
08-03-2010, 12:30 AM
I had the same problem and then I figured out that the Artemis bulbs are shorter and weren't making the contact they needed to in my lights. I tried the 150W and the 70W MH bulbs and both are a bust. When I e-mailed them, they told me that I must be mistaken as no-one else had a problem.

Gone back to the plusrite's form LSE on E-bay. Great bulbs for a great price.

josie
08-03-2010, 12:23 PM
thanks!
to date it's the only bulbs that dont work with my ballast...
I had plurite, ushio, phoenix, giseman, xm...
I'll try again to see if the contacts is the problem...

josie
08-09-2010, 02:17 PM
we retried the artemis MH bulbs.
We had to adjust the contacts and even sand a little the ends!
now they work! :)

sadly during the manipulation on bulb fell and broke... :sad:

frd72
08-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I bought a 175w Mogul Base MH ( Artemis). At first it looks awesome but i notice after maybe 3 months it started to be a little bit dim.
But no complain when i pay $22 bucks including tax and shipping i know this thing is not going to last.
By the way i was using a magnetic ballast, basically its an old MH ballast.