PDA

View Full Version : My Bubble Tip Anenome is not hosting the anenome fish!?

newreefer_59
07-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Bought a nice Bubble Tip Anenome about 3 days ago, and so far, my True Percula Clown is not going anywhere near it. Does it take a few days for the anenome to decide to host it or is it possible it won't happen at all?:neutral:

dankent
07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes it may take time ... And yes it is very possible it wont happen at all.

dankent
07-28-2010, 04:08 PM
here is a link to some pretty good information:

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/anemoneclownfishprofiles/tp/tpclownanemonematches.htm

viperfish
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM
My Oscellaris are hosting my Aussie Elegance and could care less about the GBTA about a foot away from them.

kevNnic
07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
my clowns hosted my RBTA the very first day i got it! they love it, It can take some time for them to host, i heard if u put a picture up of a clown hosting an anemone it might help.

viperfish
07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I have a pair of Gold Stripe Maroons who are hosting a GBTA in my SPS tank, they'll steal food from the tangs just to feed the anemone, sure is cool to watch. I have never tried the picture thing, I have yet to own a Clown who wouldn't host something.

newreefer_59
07-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Call me crazy, but.....

kevNnic
07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
thats what i have heard. not saying it will work. lol but it is what i have heard from a couple different sources... Hell anything is worth a shot.

kevNnic
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
found this on another site... also talks about using pictures of clowns hosting. hope that helps.
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/59739-different-ways-host-clown-fish.html

(script from the tread)
personaly i have never had any luck with this till today. earilier this week i got a rbta and today i found a percula clown that had a partilly missing stripe, so i got him, hes cool. got em home and wanted him to host to the rbta. right? not to much to ask. so i cut the bottom of a 2 liter bottle off, placed it over the rbta with the clown in there to, no later than 30 seconds pass and hes in there. just to make sure i left the bottle on the for about ten minutes. now hours have gone by and hes still in there....so sweeeeeet

gobytron
07-28-2010, 09:07 PM
I'v seen the puttng up a picture method work on a pair of captive bred darwin clowns...

though whether it was the pic or the fish just deciding to go with it is virtually impossible to verify IMO.

Spiny
07-28-2010, 11:06 PM
My clown wouldn't even swim away from her corner of the tank until I added a second clown to pair up with. The hosting behaviour of the male clown was stronger and brought the other one to give in and move into the elegance

trinac
07-28-2010, 11:18 PM
From what I've read the clown just might not like that anemone. You could try taking the anemone back and getting a different one.

My maroon clown hosted within an hour or so. There is another anemone in the tank that she doesn't care about.

ponokareefer
07-29-2010, 12:38 AM
The picture trick hasn't worked for me. My false perc's prefer to host the glass a foot above the anemone. Very frustrating.

Frenchie2
07-31-2010, 12:04 AM
I did the picture thing with 2 different clowns in 2 different tanks and somehow it worked! Yes, it can take time for a clown to host the anemone but try the picture thing and see it it works! Good luck!

bonez
07-31-2010, 02:37 AM
My clowns took 5 months to start hosting my BTA. I just let nature take its course. Now I'm assuming that my female clown is the one hosting my BTA. It won't even let the others touch it except for the one clown that looks like her soon to be mate.