PDA

View Full Version : 3 false clowns?

mytank90
07-27-2010, 06:26 PM
in my tank now i have a black false clown and a normal one .would adding 1 more normal one be ok or am i asking for trouble.theres a small clown trigger /half black angle and a bennie

viperfish
07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I take it you are saying you have an Oscellaris (False Perc) and a Percula (True Perc) in a tank together and you are considering adding another Percula. What are the dimensions of the tank? If the tank is too small the Clown Trigger is going to become a problem for whatever you put in there, the Angel shouldn't be a problem (depending on tank size of course) since it is one of the dwarf species. If the True Percs pair up they will certainly fend off the False Perc and wether or not they fight depends on how persistent the False Perc is.

mytank90
07-27-2010, 08:59 PM
woops sorry there both false percula that i have and there in a 120 gallon tank.wanted add 1 more false percula

viperfish
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Three false percs can be trouble. As they mature one will become female and of the two remaining the other will become male, the third will remain a juvenile and won't have a chance of getting near the other two. This is all based on the assumption that you have three juveniles. Of the Clown species, Oscellaris and Perculas are generally the least aggressive and if there is a chance of keeping more than a pair successfully it would likely be with one of these species.