PDA

View Full Version : sexy shrimp housing

skabooya
07-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Ok i cant find this info anywhere and ive looked.
Can i house a group of sexy shrimp with a peppermint shrimp and a skunk cleaner.
Can they also be housed with clowns, how about a group of gobies or a dwarf angel fish (coral beauty) ???

Ross
07-27-2010, 02:50 PM
:popcorn:

Chaloupa
07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Mine (3) live with a Coral Banded Shrimp, Pygmy Cherub Angel, Royal Gramma, Firefish, Naked Clownfish, and a couple other small fish (gobies) in a 34g RSM, but I don't have a Skunk Cleaner.....

Jfish
07-27-2010, 04:04 PM
I can't speak for the sexy or the peppermint but I do have a cleaner shrimp. It has never been bothered by my clowns, flame angel or purple firefish. My hippo tang seems to really enjoy getting the odd cleaning too.

skabooya
07-27-2010, 04:05 PM
ohh thank, you.

just for more info in case people are wondering. i have a 28 gal planted reef tank currently housing 2 percs, 1 pep shrimp, shrooms, gorg, macro algae.

If anyone in BC has any macroalgae they are willing to part with I will gladly take some.
Currently i have dragons tongue and another dark red algae.
I just bought some calcium additive so now i can take calcium suckers as well :)

ElGuappo
07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
i have kept pepermints and sexies together..

trinac
07-28-2010, 11:12 PM
I have peppermints and skunk cleaner together. The cleaner shrimp is the boss, but everyone is okay. I think if I were to try to house all of those, I think I'd throw them in all at once (after acclimatizing of course). Like anything, these guys stake their claims, and get choked when they see each other occassionally. And, I would make sure they are fed too, or they will probably start scrapping.

trinac
07-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh, and I don't think any of your mentioned fish will try and eat your shrimps. Sexy shrimps are the smallest so they would be the most at risk. You should be fine.