PDA

View Full Version : Pattern that always repeats

Aquattro
07-25-2010, 09:55 PM
So one day you realize the new frags you came home with have nowhere to go. So you add a couple of small rocks from the sump to the front of the tank, and mount the frags. Then you come home with more frags and a couple of colonies you couldn't pass up, and remember you have no space for coral. Or for anymore small rocks in the front of the tank. Sigh....
Time to clear out some stuff. This always happens to me. How about you?

marie
07-25-2010, 10:07 PM
So one day you realize the new frags you came home with have nowhere to go. So you add a couple of small rocks from the sump to the front of the tank, and mount the frags. Then you come home with more frags and a couple of colonies you couldn't pass up, and remember you have no space for coral. Or for anymore small rocks in the front of the tank. Sigh....
Time to clear out some stuff. This always happens to me. How about you?

Have you seen how full of rock my tank is?

My next step is a bigger tank, I even have my husbands agreement ....all I have to do is find the money

Aquattro
07-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Well, for a bigger tank, I need money and a bigger wall! I'm setting up a new tank in the baby's room, so the LPS will move, but once again I have gorgeous frags lying on the bottom with me scratching my head!
And shite, if things actually start growing, I'm in serious trouble :)

Aquattro
07-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Hmm, frag rack........

christyf5
07-25-2010, 10:32 PM
LOL, I bought a frag rack a couple of years ago from OceanicCorals. I had it full 2 weeks after I bought it. I thought about buying another larger version but then Shelley (Borderjumper) told me about making my own. This was dangerous as I now have 3 frag racks (2 of which are rather large). I just got the damned things emptied before the frag swap in June and now I've gone and filled 2 of them again.

So far I've done really well at keeping "most" things off the bottom of the tank except for clams and ricordea and some acans (ok not "most" things then) but with real estate at a premium I can see I'm going to have to start getting creative here. Its just so hard not to buy stuff :wink:

Aquattro
07-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Its just so hard not to buy stuff :wink:

I didn't even go to the store, Japarto msg'ed me on my BB to tell me he had stuff. I HAD to go look....got 2 nice colonies and he gave me a bunch of frags out of his display tank. I couldn't say no!

Lance
07-25-2010, 11:04 PM
It is hard to resist them. :redface: I'm just as bad!
My solution is to cut back or remove some of the colonies for more room. It's hard to chop away at a coral you've grown up from a little frag so I chose to electrocute them instead and take out the dead ones. :mrgreen:

christyf5
07-26-2010, 12:33 AM
I didn't even go to the store, Japarto msg'ed me on my BB to tell me he had stuff. I HAD to go look....got 2 nice colonies and he gave me a bunch of frags out of his display tank. I couldn't say no!

LOL, you know you've got a problem when the store owner calls you. I have the LFS here calling me too :razz:

shrimpchips
07-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Have three frag racks and mag-mounted frags as well.

Jason McK
07-26-2010, 03:50 AM
The wonderful art of Levels. I believe Chowder is the master of levels. he maybe taking on students