PDA

View Full Version : from reef to fowlr need quick tip

manaf
07-23-2010, 08:04 PM
so i shut down my reef tank sold pretty much everything except the sand, lights, skimmer, powerheads, and the tank.

so i cant stand of having no fish atm so i wanted to setup a low maintenance
tank with only a couple of eye catching predator fish that i couldnt have in my reef .

thing is i dont want just rocks and sand i have seen ppl have some types of seaweed in their tank , so what im asking what is their i can add that gives more life but not technically corals thx

Milad
07-23-2010, 08:31 PM
i believe you can add certain LPS with certain predator fish. I believe ive seen this at sea horse fanatics place.

Red Coral Aquariums
07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Mushrooms are great with most predators.
Kevin

viperfish
07-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Don't forget GSP and Xenia. Most predators don't bother with corals anyway, they are typically carniverous. Some like to move liverock around but it doesn't matter with shrooms and the two I previously mentioned. I had a beautiful Auriga butterly who loved to eat Xenia, it still grew faster than the Butterfly could consume it.

There are some decent types of macro algea such as Halimeda which is not too invasive as well.

Skimmerking
07-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Leathers are another one that you can have in a FOwlr with pred's

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-23-2010, 11:18 PM
I have green sinularia leather with some toadstools, mushrooms, and polyps in my fowlr with a Porc. puffer, Emperor angel, Marine betta, etc. Not a problem as long as I keep them reasonably fed.:wink:

fkshiu
07-23-2010, 11:20 PM
It's not the predators that are the problem with corals, but the "pickers" like angels and such.

manaf
07-24-2010, 01:16 AM
oo okay thx everyone for all ur tips im not planning on getting any angels more of a porcupine puffer, maybe a lion fish trying to keep it really simple