PDA

View Full Version : Reefbrite LED Strips?

Slick Fork
07-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi there,

Is anyone using these yet? I was considering picking up a 15" mixed blue/white strip. My goal with the strip would be to add shimmer to the tank when ALL the T5's are going. It would be used in conjunction with a 4 bulb 36" teklight. Are these juicy enough to not be drowned out by the T5's?

I'm not concerned about PAR, just shimmer. The blue actinic punch would be nice too but daylight shimmer is what I'm after. I know it won't be like halides but I need something to break up the cubicle look of the T5's.

Cheers

gobytron
07-22-2010, 06:58 PM
...lol...
cubicle look.

nice 1.

OceanicCorals-Ian-
07-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi there,

Is anyone using these yet? I was considering picking up a 15" mixed blue/white strip. My goal with the strip would be to add shimmer to the tank when ALL the T5's are going. It would be used in conjunction with a 4 bulb 36" teklight. Are these juicy enough to not be drowned out by the T5's?

I'm not concerned about PAR, just shimmer. The blue actinic punch would be nice too but daylight shimmer is what I'm after. I know it won't be like halides but I need something to break up the cubicle look of the T5's.

Cheers

Most definitely strong enough, these things are plenty powerful!!

gobytron
07-22-2010, 07:56 PM
anyone unbiased?....lol

OceanicCorals-Ian-
07-22-2010, 07:57 PM
anyone unbiased?....lol

LOL, thanks......................:wink: