PDA

View Full Version : What mode are you using on your Vortech MP40W's

globaldesigns
07-21-2010, 04:21 AM
I got my second MP40W, and am just wondering what mode you are using with 2 units, are they in sync or ant-sync

I am playing around with things, but want others experience. I am trying to figure out what is the best to create the most in undercurrents and draw out the crap.

thanks in advance.

Lance
07-21-2010, 04:25 AM
Mine are in reef crest random in sync

globaldesigns
07-21-2010, 04:30 AM
Mine are in reef crest random in sync

Did you play around for a bit, before deciding on that setting? I am only about 1.5 weeks into having 2, so just wondering.

Just wondering about skimmer performance, water clarity, undercurrents for pulling out the hidden crud and so forth.

thanks.

burrows14
07-21-2010, 05:09 AM
I run mine in anti sync but at the moment me and my tank are very happy with Tidal swell mode. It has a nice undertow and tons of flow up top. My water stays very clear and corals and fish love the flow

burgerchow
07-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Vary it up. I'll run mine in lagoon mode for a week, crest mode for a week, short pulse for a couple weeks ( this makes the most waves if you set it to max power, and they are alternating pulses. I think this really helps to clean out the tank cause it'll reach everywhere in the tank) Recently, I've been trying long pulse mode, again alternating.

Jfish
07-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I just have a single mp40 and run it on reef crest mode 75% of the time. The rest of the time i'll have it in lagoon mode or setup a wave in short pulse mode.

michika
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
I just have a single mp40 and run it on reef crest mode 75% of the time. The rest of the time i'll have it in lagoon mode or setup a wave in short pulse mode.

I do reef crest/lagoon. I also have mine placed high though as its one of my potential back ups for water movement/oxygenation in the event of powerfailures.

Blue World Aquariums
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I used to run lagoon mode constantly. Recently I switched to pulse mode and have it set to a wave about 1" high in my 45g. I wanted a wave like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHfDh4eqYPs), but thought it might make me sea sick... :razz:

Lance
07-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Did you play around for a bit, before deciding on that setting? I am only about 1.5 weeks into having 2, so just wondering.

Just wondering about skimmer performance, water clarity, undercurrents for pulling out the hidden crud and so forth.

thanks.

I change up the settings once in awhile. Mine are mounted higher up to get some surface turbulence. The tank is BB and I've got a couple of powerheads down low to help with detritus.

andestang
07-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Mines on "shelf mode", must say it is dead silent. I've had it for about 2 months and it is still in the box :)

Lance
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Mines on "shelf mode", must say it is dead silent. I've had it for about 2 months and it is still in the box :)

I guess you don't get too much coralline growth in "shelf mode" eh?

globaldesigns
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM

Now, that made me laugh!!!

mike31154
07-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Since upgrading the drivers to the Ecosmart models, I run my two in TSM with the slave in anti-synch. I also use night mode now with two pumps. When I only had one, I didn't use night mode since I didn't think the flow would be sufficient. With two, there's no problem.... except the fact that the night mode start time needs to be adjusted once in a while due to the issue with the delay every day. I really hoped that EcoTech had solved that issue with the new drivers, they better come up with a fix for that soon, or lose some credibility.

Skimmerking
07-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I have mine on the the wave the blue light thingy the corals really respond to them alot ...

globaldesigns
07-22-2010, 12:51 AM
I have mine on the the wave the blue light thingy the corals really respond to them alot ...

What kind of timing do you have? I re-adjusted mine to this now, and notice quite abit more turbulance. Are you creating an actual wave?

Currently I have mine in Short pulse mode (blue light) in sync mode and about 3/4 second intervals.

Skimmerking
07-22-2010, 01:05 AM
What kind of timing do you have? I re-adjusted mine to this now, and notice quite abit more turbulance. Are you creating an actual wave?

Currently I have mine in Short pulse mode (blue light) in sync mode and about 3/4 second intervals. I used to have 2 of them and ended up selling one, so now I have 1 and its on short mode, about 3/4's speed and 3/4's timing and i get a huge wave