PDA

View Full Version : Xenia RIP

Bartman
11-18-2003, 08:17 AM
I was doing a water change this evening and noticed that my Xenia, which is normally waving in the current up front, was missing. On further inspection its rock, previously wedged into a crevice, was gone too. After much hunting I found its rock, with just a tattered stub of Xenia flesh remaining, in a cave under my green brittle star. I am assuming he ate it. What's up with that??? :eek: Aren't these supposed to be reef safe cleaner crew types? Did I miss something?

Jason McK
11-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Sorry to here about your Xenia, I have a Powder Brown (White Face) that love Xenia. I have tried several times to keep Xenia in the tank but as soon as I put it in the Tang thinks it's his own little Buffet and will munch it completely down.
Green brittle Stars have a pretty bad rap of taking out pretty much what ever they want, including Fish. I would watch that guy.

J

pocilipora
11-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Can you get back the rock with Xenia flesh, well whats left of it? It should grow back if theres enough left... 0X:
Ive got a Regal Tang that likes to nibble on the stuff, keeps it under control.

StirCrazy
11-19-2003, 12:25 AM
under my green brittle star. I am assuming he ate it. What's up with that??? :eek: Aren't these supposed to be reef safe cleaner crew types? Did I miss something?

If you can confirm he did eat it you could make a fortune renting him out :mrgreen:

Steve

Scales
11-19-2003, 03:48 AM
If you really miss your Xenia, I am happy to share some with you...I started with a couple of small frags and now have too much (too bad nothing else seems to grow that quickly in my tank)...I am also in Langley so feel free to take some off my hands...

Trevor.