PDA

View Full Version : Found Clownfish baby's In my tank! Anyone have any live Rotifers???

RyanJ
07-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Hey there! I just found some clownfish eggs in my 125! I would LOVE to get a live culture of phytoplankton and Rotifers going.. But i am all to new to this.. Im kinda afraid that i wont be able to get the Culture going before they are ready to hatch! Is there anyone in calgary or Area that would be willing to help a guy out with some Rotifers/Greenwater to get this batch of eggs going! Like i said im all to new to this... but I just cant stand to see the eggs getting ate by some triggerfish without trying to save them!!
Thanks again Guys for you help.. If anyone cud gimme a hand that would be great.. They are still orange eggs so I think I have some Time.. im not sure about that.. Thanks again!
RyanJ

Gools
07-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Don't quote me on this but I've heard the first couple of batchs of eggs are usually garbage, then after the eggs actually hatch. But then again I heard that a long time ago on another forum. Best of luck, that's awesome.

RyanJ
07-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Yeah thats what I have heard to. But its a good time to get setup.. any advice is good tho thanks:D I am going to get a Aqua medic Plankton Light Reactor & a Aqua medic Plankton Reactor, One for phytoplankton and one for Rotifers, Its is abit pricey, but it seems like the best way to go about this.. Plus it looks sweet with all that chrome.. Its Quite Sexy lol! Have A look! Once I get some going, I will have no problems passing some cultures on to someone in need! Im just hoping that JL Aquatics can Ship Overnight lol! Cuz nooone in this city has any.. BUT I just found out that Ocean City has HomeGrown Rotifers!!!! so thats purdy sweet!
http://www.aqua-medic.com/plankton_reactor.shtml