PDA

View Full Version : Protein Skimmers at Aquatic Kingdom

Tetrarch
07-16-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm looking to get a new protein skimmer and am considering one built Aquatic Kingdom, it uses an Aquabee pump(2000/1) which seems decent and the construction appears solid and professional. The problem is I can't be assured a standard of quality as these aren't company manufactured. I'm wondering if anyone has/is using one of these protein skimmers and how well they work.(I'm not entirely sure if this topic belongs here or if posting about things like this are allowed, as far as I know I'm not breaking any rules but I apologize in advance just in case I am).

Tetrarch
07-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Bump of shame... :(

vaporize
07-19-2010, 08:52 PM
I think you wanted to see it in action before buying them, unfortunately you will not find alot of reviews of their skimmers nor many people using them in Canreef (which is mainly western Canada reefers). AK might have some running in public displays that they service, so you might be able to see, but they seems to update their design everytime AK receive a new shipment & no model number to reference to, so very hard to know which exact one you are buying.

Daniel & Ryan does provide very personal service if you can get a hold of them.

reefinthecity
11-27-2010, 10:21 PM
I have a brand new atb if you'd like