PDA

View Full Version : If you were to start over?

ruck'n'reefer
05-17-2002, 03:17 AM
What would you change? Specifically how high would you make the stand.

Aquattro
05-17-2002, 03:32 AM
If I started over, I'd make my stand 2 feet longer and six inches wider to fit the 180g I would buy. I'd keep the height at 34 inches.

smokinreefer
05-17-2002, 03:38 PM
FWIW, my stand is just about 3'
it allows me to view the tank fairly easily standing up...dont have to bend over too much.
and allows me to view the tank perfectly while sitting down...my computer desk is right beside the tank.
and it allows ample room to get into my sump as well.

HTH

Achilles
05-18-2002, 01:04 AM
If I did it again I would make my tank a heck of a lot bigger and, like Brad, make my stand oversize so that it could hold and even bigger tank in the future. I am soon getting a much larger tank, and I wish I had the stand for it already.

Other than that, the best skimmer I could possibly buy.

Cheers!

Rainman58
05-18-2002, 01:16 PM
My stand is 30" high and think it`s a pretty good height for viewing when sitting down which is what we are doing usually when in a room. But if I had to do it all over again I think i would try and purchase a used system instead of new and not have all the headaches with algae etc. that we go through in the first year. The biggest problem I have found in this hobbie is that everyone will tell you something different when your searching for advice and you usually end up more confused than when you started asking questions in the first place.