PDA

View Full Version : Place to buy black flexible PVC

studmaster
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey all...after getting back from Princess Auto, with black Anti-Kink hose, then realizing that it's similar but still the wrong stuff I'm going to order all my parts online and get what I need.

Does anyone know of any Canadian company selling black flexible PVC, TigerFlex, Spa Flex or whatever you want to call it? I would like to find one with a decent selection of fittings too. I'm willing to paint the fittings black, but want the hose to come that way.

Thanks in advance!
:-)

gobytron
07-15-2010, 01:50 PM
I have seen it at garden stores (for pond applications) and at hot tub retailers.

Palytoxinhallucinations
07-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I bought my spaflex at a hot tub store, some of them only carry white but could probably order black for ya

studmaster
07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I just go to Rona or Home Depot?

They have the Flex PVC? I've been to every Rona and Home Depot in the city with no luck.

lastlight
07-15-2010, 02:57 PM
A lot of the local stuff I found was the really ribbed stuff on the outside. I don't think that works for us. The black flex I bought was from flexpvc.com and they allow orders by the foot.

studmaster
07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
A lot of the local stuff I found was the really ribbed stuff on the outside. I don't think that works for us. The black flex I bought was from flexpvc.com and they allow orders by the foot.

The ribbed stuff seems to be for barbed fittings for ponds. It fits nicely in slip fittings, but I don't know if there would be enough surface contact. I'm going to take it back, and buy white tigerflex hose and paint it with black spray paint. I think that should be fine to do that.

lastlight
07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah I considered the risk to be too great. Not enough contact like you said. I'd just paint pipe nowadays too. I spent an arm and a leg for sch 80 and black flex and these days I'd rather spend on the components that will increase performance/health.

Interior_Reef
07-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Depending if you have a Pro Source Irrigation in your area, thats what i use here.

but any hottub/pool place should have it aswell.

studmaster
07-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Depending if you have a Pro Source Irrigation in your area, thats what i use here.

but any hottub/pool place should have it aswell.

I checked hottube/pool places and most don't carry 1" and the few that did, definitely doesn't carry it in black.
I'll look around for a Pro Source Irrigation.

sean2477
07-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I got mine from my LFS. It was tough to get the flex pipe and the pvc together, and for added security, I used some clamps. No leaks and easier to move and reuse.

lastlight
07-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah if you used clamps we're not talking about the same thing. I bought slip fit to be glued into the pvc. You have barbed fittings? Good point about the re-usability factor. Personally I sleep better with everything glued but yeah you are committed then.

I also needed 2", 1.5" and 1". This also made it tougher to find anything local.

sean2477
07-15-2010, 05:14 PM

Mine is 1" ribbed and coupled together with PVC and a clamp for added insurance. The fish store I go to uses this on all their tanks with no problem. But like I said earlier, you really need to muscle the 2 pieces together. Looks and works great though.

lastlight
07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
The stuff you have I'm pretty sure is a lot more 'bendy' than the slip fit. I had to heat mine up in really hot water to work with it.