PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Tunze 9002 Skimmer

Chod
07-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi guys,

I just bought a Red Sea Max 130 and am frustrated by the volume of the stock skimmer. I have read in a few places that a good alternative (if a bit pricey) is the tunze 9002 skimmer. Does anyone know where to buy this or has one they want to sell?

I live in Vancouver and i can pickup.

I am also looking for the media tray and the modified stevieT cup for the 9002 although intank ship to canada so at worst i will get them there.

Thanks in advance,

Chod.

Rogue951
07-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm selling one. PM's sent.

lastlight
07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
The price for that cup is ridiculous. The shipping/customs or whatever was as much if not more than the silly cup. Hopefully you find one here. I'm not sure what else is available for the RSM but in my experience the 9002 can skim ok wet and not well at all dark. Haven't been thrilled with mine.

noirsphynx
07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi guys,

I just bought a Red Sea Max 130 and am frustrated by the volume of the stock skimmer. I have read in a few places that a good alternative (if a bit pricey) is the tunze 9002 skimmer. Does anyone know where to buy this or has one they want to sell?

I live in Vancouver and i can pickup.

I am also looking for the media tray and the modified stevieT cup for the 9002 although intank ship to canada so at worst i will get them there.

Thanks in advance,

Chod.

I bought Stevie T's RSM media rack and it is quite pricey to get it here. I have the rack and sold the tank I was using it for so now I'm not even using it after paying a nice penny for it =/

TheKid
07-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Do what I'm doing, I have a 10 gallon tank lying around so im gonna sump it and install an overflow on my tank then I'm going to install one of thos swc skimmers in there. That way I will get the best result.

lastlight
07-15-2010, 06:56 PM
If I had been brave enough to drill my Solana I'd be doing the same thing trust me!

Chod
07-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Yea, that cup and media rack may be pricey, but i am a beginner and trying to learn from others mistakes. This may make life a bit easier. Fingers crossed. If you are no longer using that rack, do you want to sell it?