PDA

View Full Version : 2 cleaner shrimp, both with eggs...

LostMind
11-16-2003, 08:50 PM
So, I have two cleaner shrimp in my tank (yes, the bastards that ate all my stomatellas!)...

like the title says, they are both carrying eggs right now.

What gives?!? I have seen one carrying eggs two times now but this is the first time I have seen BOTH with eggs...

Confused.

spikehs
11-16-2003, 08:53 PM
i think i read somewhere that they are "both" sexes....so if you have 2 then you have a pair... good food for the tank.

Bob I
11-16-2003, 09:02 PM
I believe they are Hermaphrodytic . I have two of them, and both are full of eggs right now too. :eek:

BTW, I still have stomatella snails in the tank. There is a big black one on the glass as I speak. :biggrin:

Quinn
11-16-2003, 09:27 PM
All three of mine carry eggs. I believe it was Joyce Wilkerson who had 8 in a tank, all carrying eggs. She talks about it in an article she wrote.

LostMind
11-16-2003, 09:58 PM
I believe they are Hermaphrodytic . I have two of them, and both are full of eggs right now too. :eek:

BTW, I still have stomatella snails in the tank. There is a big black one on the glass as I speak. :biggrin:

heh, I have only 2 left in the whole tank (that I can find)... one is bigger then my thumbnail and black and one is about the size of my pinky nail, and brown. All the rest are just empty shells now ;(

Well, more little shrimp means happy corals, I didnt realise they were hermaphroditic (sp?) but thought they paired up and then chose a sex.... like clowns or so.

But, its all good as long as I am not going crazy...