PDA

View Full Version : Separating a clown from it's anemone?

noirsphynx
07-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Has anyone ever taken an anemone away from a clownfish that's hosting in it? I'm wondering if I do so would this cause any problems like aggression towards other tank mates?

fishytime
07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I dont think so Dawn.....we have a pair of ocellaris in the display at the shop that were hosting in a rose BTA.....the nem decided to go on a walk about and the clown couldnt find it.....they spent a few days circling the tank looking for "something" to host(they finally settled on a chalice....dumbasses).....I didnt notice any aggression towards anything in the tank......mind you ocellaris are just about the least aggressive of the clowns.....

Spiny
07-11-2010, 02:54 PM
they'll just find something else that'll host them. My clowns cheat on their elegance with the torch coral (torch coral does not like it)

noirsphynx
07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks Doug. She's a true perc. My carpet is getting too big for my tank and if it ever gets up and takes a walk my tank is done for so I think it's time to re-home it. I was just worried about her getting upset and taking it out on my snowflake clown. She'd be sushi if she kills him!

tony_3a
07-12-2010, 02:52 AM
i know im new and all but this is one thing i had no problem with, i upgraded my tank i bought originally(way to small) and my green bubble tip that my clowns were hosting died in the move, and that was about a month ago, my clowns were fine and didnt get aggressive at all then about a week ago i put a purple tip in and the next day they were hosting the purple tip anemone.