PDA

View Full Version : am i crazy to do this????

reefwars
07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
ive got a niger trigger in my quaritine tank this past month im debating if i want him in my display im phasing out most of the fish in it just leaving a few bigger ones. its a 110g reef tank loaded with all kinds of lps and softies and a few pieces of sps.

in the tank the livestock are:

cleaner wrasses
yellow porcupine puff
matted filefish
dragon goby
blue mandarin goby
clarkes clown hosting gbta
skunk clown hosting long tentacle anemone
yellow tang

as for inverts there are two very large turbo snails, numerous blue hermits, and a lonely cleaner shrimp which i imagine will be his forst snack lol:)

hes very small now and im wondering how bad he will get in a reef when hes bigger also he not going in anytime soon hes going to be the last fish for this tank:) thanks:)

reefwars
07-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Any advice ??

damtrees420
07-13-2010, 06:51 PM
I dont have any coral buy my cleaner shrimp is still kicking after two months with my niger and a clown trigger as well

sitandwatch
07-13-2010, 06:56 PM
I have a niger and a pink tail, one month in and I still have all my inverts and coral.
I have a cleaner shrimp, tuxedo urchin, 3-4 hermits, lots of snails big and small, hammer coral, some sps

I have heard they can get nasty when they are bigger, but I think that every fish is differant, and keep him well feed.

reefwars
07-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Not too worried about the cleaner shrimp it's amazing he's still alive he's lived with just every fish it shouldn't and has been the only shrimp out of 6 to survive the massacre of my dragon wrasse lol . Plus he's smart now rarely comes out in the open anymore too many good hiding places but if he goes he goes. I'm just curious on. How hard it will be to add livestock or anything I always say I'm done with fish but when something catches your eye well I'm sure you all know how it goes lol :)

belzebuth
07-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Here is my experience with my niger trigger. He has never touch any corals but did eat the following:

2 fireshrimp
3 Chromis
Cleaner wrasse
15 crabs a bunch of snails
Feather Duster

It was a mistake to add him:cry: He is hard to catch but as soon as I am successfull this will be one nice free fishy on Canreef.

I have to add, he was a very good citizen for about 6 months then the killing spree started:)

reefwars
07-13-2010, 09:48 PM
And that's what the bug thing us they'll be fine young but then instinct kicks in I guess that's why google is so mixed up in their compatibility and they def are hard to catch , hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what to do???????? To add or not to add..........I think I need some more pros and cons thanks guys :)