PDA

View Full Version : neomag

saltynuts
07-09-2010, 02:39 AM
http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/bw-neom1000/Brightwell+Aquatics+NeoMag+Magnesium+Reactor+Media +-+1+KG.html
is anyone useing it.
lets talk about it.

christyf5
07-09-2010, 03:03 AM
I meant to check these out the last time I was at J&L. Are they for glass tanks only? My little mini magfloat is pretty much useless on my acrylic tank (then again not much is useful when you get that really awful algae you can only scrape off with an old credit card).

saltynuts
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
wow you lost me at hello! lol

Nebthet
07-09-2010, 04:47 AM
I haven't used it but it sort of looks interesting. I am interested also to hear what others have to say about this.

Christy.. are you inquiring on the Mag-Flip? If so I have used it and it is awsome!!! I have a glass tank, but you can purchase the part needed for acrylic. When I get a chance I will take another fts of my tank which shows where I cleaned the green and coraline algae from the bottom.

Zoaelite
07-09-2010, 04:48 AM
Brightwell Aquatics NeoMag Magnesium Reactor Media - 1 KG
?

christyf5
07-09-2010, 04:11 PM
LOL I never clicked the link. I thought you were talking about the neomag from two little fishies. Its a small magnet for nano tanks, which is apparently called a NANOmag.

*sigh* I really gotta get more sleep.:razz:

As for the brightwell aquatics NEOmag, no I haven't tried it but I assume its the same type of product as the zeovit or ultralith magnesium granules that go in your calcium reactor (it even has the same ratio of calcium media to magnesium media). I have used the zeovit brand one in my calcium reactor and they worked awesomely, my mg levels were spot on all the time. I only stopped using them because I switched from a reactor to a dosing pump.

Ok I'm off to confuse people in another thread now :razz: