PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Tree and Xenia Removal

reefbyremote
07-08-2010, 01:39 AM
My kenya trees and to a lesser amount xenia and GSP are starting to grow well- and even getting too big. I need to cut the back and in some cases remove pieces, in particular the kenya trees. Its smaller pieces are easy enough to deal with but does anyone have any hints about how to successfully remove bigger pieces so they do not grow back? I can "tear" them off the rock but the foot is left behind which I imagine will grow back.

Thanks in advance for ideas. Oh and if anyone wants pieces and is in Medicine Hat let me know.

whatcaneyedo
07-08-2010, 01:53 AM
I just kept cutting my kenya tree off at the base until my other coral overgrew their stumps. Xenia was also quite easy as for some strange reason my tomatoe clown hates it. If I put any in my main tank she will tear it apart within a few days. GSP have been much more difficult to deal with. I've had to resort to butane torching them and still they keep growing... Remove and sell the rock if you can. Thats the easiest way to do it.

hummer
07-08-2010, 02:02 AM
You could try to peel off as much as you can from the base and then paste epoxy over the area. It shouldn't come back then.

reefbyremote
07-08-2010, 04:38 AM
Great feed back. The kenya tree does not sound too bad to manage but I will take the advice and re-think the gsp. Might have to sell a soft ball sized chunk of it and then chip off the pieces on the adjoining rocks.

Thank you for the advice.

Scubasteve23
07-28-2010, 05:10 AM
k call me silly, i have been around for a bit but what is GSP..and i live in med hat, so anything u need to get rid of, let me know :)

TheKid
07-28-2010, 05:30 AM
k call me silly, i have been around for a bit but what is GSP..and i live in med hat, so anything u need to get rid of, let me know :)

gsp stands the great rare and expensive corals who's name doesn't serve it's appearance it is ....

Green star polyps:mrgreen:

kevNnic
07-28-2010, 02:38 PM
i can give you my coral beauty, she took care of my xenia in a matter of days. lol poor coral.