PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here and love advice (but don't always follow it)... :-)

Greenmaster
07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I thought that I should post here and say hello to my local reefers. I'm starting up a tank after several years without. The tank is also a lot larger then my previous tank.
Is there a fair amount of local frag events, or a few people that tend to frag their corals? I'm no where near the coral stage yet but in Dec-March some time I expect to be.
Also are there any local breeders of Clown's, Cardinals, or anything else here? I'm going to be getting fish in September if all goes according to plan.

marie
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
I thought that I should post here and say hello to my local reefers. I'm starting up a tank after several years without. The tank is also a lot larger then my previous tank.
Is there a fair amount of local frag events, or a few people that tend to frag their corals? I'm no where near the coral stage yet but in Dec-March some time I expect to be.
Also are there any local breeders of Clown's, Cardinals, or anything else here? I'm going to be getting fish in September if all goes according to plan.

What kind of corals are you planning on keeping? I live just across the water from you and always have tons of sps frags (I throw them out I have so many). I do have undesirable pests though.
I also have some mushrooms, frogspawn ect

Greenmaster
07-06-2010, 03:15 PM
I plan on doing mostly SPS what pests do you have?

marie
07-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I plan on doing mostly SPS what pests do you have?

I have red bugs.....easily treated with inteceptor but it is a bit of a hassle.

I decided not to treat my main tank unless they started causing problems

Chaloupa
07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Welcome!!!! Glad to see a fellow Islander!

Greenmaster
07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I have red bugs.....easily treated with inteceptor but it is a bit of a hassle.

I decided not to treat my main tank unless they started causing problems

Is it possible to pick them off of all frags or do they tend to be too small...(like the eggs and babies being too small to see.

Welcome!!!! Glad to see a fellow Islander!
That's why I came here :D

I would also like to see both of your guys build/tank threads if you have them.

Lance
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome Greenmaster. Another Powell Riverite here.

Greenmaster
07-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Welcome Greenmaster. Another Powell Riverite here.

I go to Powell River twice a week with work... on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

christyf5
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Hello from Nanaimo and welcome to Canreef!! :biggrin:

PoonTang
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome to Canreef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenmaster
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Hello from Nanaimo and welcome to Canreef!! :biggrin:

Thanks and you have a sweet tank. I may want to buy a small frag or two off you in the future :D

Welcome to Canreef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks your tank looks like it is coming along nicely.

Glad to have local reefers to talk to instead of just people in southern states :D

Lance
07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I go to Powell River twice a week with work... on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Cool! We'll have to get together one of these days.

delo978
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey I'm new to the island also, how far from courtenay/comox are yas? Not sure if I could support SPS as I only have T5's but if you have softies,LPS i'd be interested.

Cheers
ED

Greenmaster
07-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Hey I'm new to the island also, how far from courtenay/comox are yas? Not sure if I could support SPS as I only have T5's but if you have softies,LPS i'd be interested.

Cheers
ED

They are a ferry ride away... about an hour and fifteen minutes. Slightly longer then going to Nanaimo... even faster to go north to Campbell River (much smaller then Nanaimo and slightly smaller then the Comox Vally)

Greenmaster
07-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Cool! We'll have to get together one of these days.

You bet... although most days I am tight for time so it would have to be a day when I miss the noon boat. (or plan to miss it :D)