PDA

View Full Version : What do you think ... Darth Mauls?

Gee
07-06-2010, 03:37 AM
I'm thinking these might be Darth Mauls ... what do you think?

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/BC-Gee/Aquariums/Reef/P1000048.jpg

lorenz0
07-06-2010, 04:39 AM
looks like them or damn close

Chaloupa
07-06-2010, 05:00 AM
Nah, they look a bit more like one of those "pest zoa" best I take them off your hands in the next couple of days!:lol:

Gee
07-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Nah, they look a bit more like one of those "pest zoa" best I take them off your hands in the next couple of days!:lol:

LOL, well ... I could hit em with Christy's recipie for killing apstsia ... :wink:

Chaloupa
07-06-2010, 06:48 AM
LOL, well ... I could hit em with Christy's recipie for killing apstsia ... :wink:
OH NO NO...not a good idea...doesn't work well, the only thing I could comfortably think of (just thinking of the health of your tank of course) would be that I pick them up, transport them with care to my house and "dispose" of them here....best idea yet. LOL...very nice Zoa's!

Gee
07-06-2010, 07:05 AM
OH NO NO...not a good idea...doesn't work well, the only thing I could comfortably think of (just thinking of the health of your tank of course) would be that I pick them up, transport them with care to my house and "dispose" of them here....best idea yet. LOL...very nice Zoa's!

Almost looks like your avatar!

paddyob
07-07-2010, 01:55 AM
I have darth mauls and mine are alot more orange.... with a neon green mouth.

There are a couple similar species out there so it may be a morph or something.

Also.... I have only one. They are hard to keep. They grow to 14 heads or so and then die to one. They have done this several times in the past two years.

I love them.... but man they stress me out. They can be very fussy.... so if it is Mauls.... watch your water like a hawk.

daniella3d
07-09-2010, 03:29 PM
so moral of the story is to frag them as soon as they get to 10 or so in the colony and sell them.

I have darth mauls and mine are alot more orange.... with a neon green mouth.

There are a couple similar species out there so it may be a morph or something.

Also.... I have only one. They are hard to keep. They grow to 14 heads or so and then die to one. They have done this several times in the past two years.

I love them.... but man they stress me out. They can be very fussy.... so if it is Mauls.... watch your water like a hawk.

paddyob
07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Darth Mauls have very short stems..... practically flat to the rock.... hard to frag.

THE piece of rock i have them on is impossible to frag them off.

I was going to in the past... but so "delicate" i did not even try.

It is hard to put a value on them as well.

As rare as they are.... how much would someone pay for something I value high.

so moral of the story is to frag them as soon as they get to 10 or so in the colony and sell them.

Snaz
07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Darth Mauls have very short stems..... practically flat to the rock.... hard to frag.

I'm guessing that when it came time to frag you could place them in low light, perhaps in the shade of a large coral forcing the stems to elongate. I have had some zoas drop behind some rocks and they stretch up a full inch to find light.