PDA

View Full Version : GSP bad for Millipora?

intarsiabox
07-05-2010, 11:37 PM
I have a little millipora frag that is growing but a few branches have now come in contact with some GSP. The tips are getting white in these areas. Is the GSP just rubbing the millipora polyps off? Does GSP emit any toxins? I didn't think it did but the head of my frog spawn coral that is closest to the GSP also isn't doing so great.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-05-2010, 11:57 PM
GSP will sting pretty much any SPS and win.

Maybe Horn coral might survive, but GSP is a killer when it comes to coral wars.

intarsiabox
07-06-2010, 03:28 AM
I'll have to try and move it elsewhere in the tank. The GSP came on a small frag of zoanthids I bought awhile back and it is growing very quickly. I never really planned on keeping SPS in this tank as I was waiting until I got my larger tank set up but I got a couple of good deals so I thought I'd try a couple frags out. They are both growing well and since my GSP has never bothered any of my zoas or soft corals that are in it's reach I never figured it for a stinger of SPS. I guess no soft corals at all in an SPS tank would be the safest way to go?

RuGlu6
07-06-2010, 04:34 AM
A month ago i had to chop an entire Milliporah colony ! (20 frags of different sizes) because of GSP that got out of hand. GSP will definitely win the territorial battle !