PDA

View Full Version : Post-red slime

JTrigger
11-15-2003, 07:09 PM
I used red slime a week back and it did a wonderful job, but now I'm sort of left with a yellow hue / algae.. LoL... they don't make yellow slime do they? *grin*

JT

martym
11-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Instead of putting stuff in the tank to get rid of algae, get rid of the stuff algae likes, like nitrates, phosphate and nutrients. Reduce lighting, be patient and in a couple of weeks algae will be gone.

Chad
11-15-2003, 08:09 PM
I would normaly agree.. until I had my experience with cyno. Sometimes it just does not work that way. I did everything one could possibly do other than buy a completely new system :eek: .

From what I was told and read is that sometimes cyon can become an "infection". It takes all it needs straight out of the air. Your water quality could be excellent and it would still flurish. I used a product called Chemi-Clean to kill my cyno and it is now gone as well I have no other algae problems, the tank is running beautifuly.

IMO: if all else fails, do what you have to do.

Chad

JTrigger
11-15-2003, 08:18 PM
All the parameters are excellent.. the only thing I haven't done is cut back my photoperiod... I have some chemipure that's new... hrmm

JT