PDA

View Full Version : Little Blue Tang - RIP

Wingin It
07-04-2010, 02:18 AM
My mother-in-law and my brother-in-law went shopping for me on Thursday night (to my suprise) and brought me home some really nice looking zoa frags and a cute little blue tang! Of course my son had to name 'her' Dori. We wanted to do it right so we acclimated her for about 3 hrs, but she didn't make it through the night. I've never had a fish not acclimate well...it was very sad indeed. :(
Such a bummer, kinda feel bad about the poor fish croaking :( I'm so close to avoiding blue tangs altogether. Live and learn I suppose?

Wayne
07-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Damn that sucks! Sorry for the loss.

kien
07-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your tang :(

It could have happened to any fish though.. If you can imagine what ALL the fish go through just to arrive in our LFS. It is quite an ordeal to go from their ocean to our tank. So sometimes a fish is just stressed beyond recovery :(

naesco
07-04-2010, 04:37 PM
My mother-in-law and my brother-in-law went shopping for me on Thursday night (to my suprise) and brought me home some really nice looking zoa frags and a cute little blue tang! Of course my son had to name 'her' Dori. We wanted to do it right so we acclimated her for about 3 hrs, but she didn't make it through the night. I've never had a fish not acclimate well...it was very sad indeed. :(
Such a bummer, kinda feel bad about the poor fish croaking :( I'm so close to avoiding blue tangs altogether. Live and learn I suppose?

If it is one of those tiny emaciated tangs, few of them make it.
We have all had well intentioned spouse, friends and relatives surprise us with a fish or coral.
Best let them know that you would appreciate going with them to choose a fish of your choice that is suitable for your tank and is in good condition.

Wingin It
07-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks everyone. Maybe someday i'll get a blue tang. ;) again. :)