PDA

View Full Version : Baby snails

reefwars
07-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I went to clean my tank and seen all these black specs I said wth is going on now upon closer inspection they were moving turns out my turbo snail had babies about 30 or 40 I'm guessin

anything I need to do to keep them alive their in a 33 g with two small clowns and a baby Niger trigger

How long do they take to get big??

They seem to have baby shells is it so or do they develope them later?

Thanks!!:):)

hlywd
07-04-2010, 06:41 AM
I've just recently noticed an 'outbreak' of baby turbo snails in my tank as well. They seem to be baby turbo snails anyway. Just inspecting it tonight and it looks like there is at least over 50. The lights just went out about an hour ago, and using my maglite, came across waaay more than I originally thought. Any ideas if these are good? Bad? What exactly I should do with them? Seems like alot of little snails to provide food with.....

Not sure how to proceed from here, let me know what your planning on doing with yours?

hlywd

TheKid
07-04-2010, 07:08 AM
spound pretty cool:biggrin:, dont have much expierence with but if they are housed with a trigger theyd have a better chance in your refuigium if u have one.

bvlester
07-04-2010, 08:14 AM
a cool snack for the nigers trigger. If you want to raise them you will have to get them into a different tank by them selves.
Bill

naesco
07-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I've just recently noticed an 'outbreak' of baby turbo snails in my tank as well. They seem to be baby turbo snails anyway. Just inspecting it tonight and it looks like there is at least over 50. The lights just went out about an hour ago, and using my maglite, came across waaay more than I originally thought. Any ideas if these are good? Bad? What exactly I should do with them? Seems like alot of little snails to provide food with.....

Not sure how to proceed from here, let me know what your planning on doing with yours?

hlywd

Share them with other reefers. Offer 10 or so as when they get to be adults they will starve if there are too many of them.

reefwars
07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Not a bad idea after thinking about it I don't really need that many snails makes the tank look bad

so free snails if anyone wants to conme get em----Edmonton(west end)

Llamarama
07-05-2010, 04:26 AM
haha must be snail season :S just noticed a bunch of white specks all over my back glass and a couple brown ones racing around them....may have some turbos to donate in Red Deer as well haha we shall see what the next couple weeks bring I suppose!