PDA

View Full Version : Help - hauling and setting up 90 gal w/sump

bryceschutte
06-30-2010, 02:53 PM
I need some help hauling a 90gal w/sump, rock, wate,r coral, and fish. I have the process figured out, I think. The tank I am getting is really dirty ( part of the deal), and I could use some knowledge on what to clean and how. For example the rock looks like it could use a scrubbing. Will a rinse off do the trick. Maybe some scrimp? PLus I jsut need someone to supervise the whole takedown and setup. I'm just really worried about killing everything. Also, i am a lame duck because I just had some surgery. Cant lift anything. So I could jusr use a few extra sets of hands. If anyone can help it would be really appreciated. We are getting started at about 6pm tonight. call text or reply if you can help. 403-477-6101.

Wed June 30th.

bryceschutte
07-01-2010, 07:08 AM
All done. Pictures to follow in the next few days.

super_deeduper
07-17-2010, 05:16 PM
How did you do this process? Im a newbie and I want to buy an established tank but afraid of transporting?

paddyob
07-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Scrubbing the rocks???

What are you scrubbing off of them??? Please don't say aptasia.

bryceschutte
07-18-2010, 05:11 AM
How did you do this process? Im a newbie and I want to buy an established tank but afraid of transporting?

Transporting worked fairly well except for a bad water heater problem. What size tank are you looking for? I have another set up that the wife says I need to get rid of.

bryceschutte
07-18-2010, 05:13 AM
Scrubbing the rocks???

What are you scrubbing off of them??? Please don't say aptasia.

There was a lot of old things that looked like long fish poo all over the place. I don't know what they are called but the living ones have feather like hands coming out of them. I had hundreds of them.

Wingin It
07-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Spaghetti worms?? Feather Dusters??

bryceschutte
07-19-2010, 04:08 AM
Spaghetti worms?? Feather Dusters??

I don't know. I'm going to say feather dusters.

abcha0s
07-19-2010, 04:32 AM
All done. Pictures to follow in the next few days.

Pictures are overdue :smile: