PDA

View Full Version : ASM G2 Skimmer

htfn
06-29-2010, 04:35 AM
Anybody have ASM G2 skimmer? If you do, please give me some info about performance, and do I need gate valve mod? I checked several review and found good things and bud things. I just like to hear honest opinion from Canreef member. Any info is appreciated. Thank you

reefermadness
06-29-2010, 03:05 PM
I used to have a G3. No you do not "need" the gate valve mod. I found it very easy to adjust with the standpipe. With the gate valve you wont have to get your hands wet though....other then that I say its not worth it.

The meshmod might be something to look into. I did it to my G3 and it really helped performance. I also drilled out the air hole in the venturi as well.

burtonpj48
06-30-2010, 03:26 AM
I have a g1x, it uses the same pump as the G2. It works pretty good. Its easliy adjustable. I dont have problems with the adjustments. It pulls out alot wastes in the water. The only problem im finding now with it. The pump sometimes wont work when u plug it in. I dont know if this is a common problems with skimmer pumps.

htfn
06-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your info. I am thinking to install meshmod and drill a hale in the venturi. I found several G2 owners had a problems about pump. Some of them are only last a year other than that it's OK skimmer. Well, I guss what you pay, what you get. Anyway Thanks again.

Ronmac1967
11-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I bought a used G2 and it was working fine. I shut it down to empty the cup and now I can't get the pump to draw water all the way up. Took the pump apart and all looks good. Not sure where to go from here? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks