PDA

View Full Version : Vermitid Snails

Lampshade
06-29-2010, 03:55 AM
I've got some zoa frag's that have been doing well, growing, etc. But recetnly i've noticed that i've had a couple Vermitid Snail's have moved in on one or possibly 2 of the frags. I've got a couple in my tank, never worried about them, however these 2 have been spitting out there web stuff, which is causing the zoa's to close up. They're closed about 50% of the time now, and it seems that this may effect their growth.

So the question is, how do i take them out? i tried tweezers last night, broke off the tube, waited for it to come out then smashed his head:twised: this didn't work, they're back today spitting out their strings of stuff. Should i use boiling water in a syringe? kalk? or even try to pull it out rather than smashing it? anyone had this problem?

Delphinus
06-29-2010, 04:00 AM
Centropyge pygmy angels can pick at them or maybe some butterflies if your tank is suitable for them.

Otherwise I think your options are manual removal (mash and smash'em) or maybe put epoxy over top of them (which you can pry off later)..

christyf5
06-29-2010, 04:04 AM
I've had success injecting their tube with kalk paste or aiptasia destroyer, not sure how close they are to your zoos though, just inject the top part of the tube and let the paste settle in.

cuz
06-29-2010, 04:12 AM
i"ve filled the tube with some crazy glue gel with luck so far.

Lampshade
06-29-2010, 04:32 AM
I"ll try the glue in a few min. once my son's in bed, didn't think of that, great idea.
Thanks all.