PDA

View Full Version : Moving tank question??

reefwars
06-28-2010, 02:36 PM
I have a 110g that I been cycling , lastnight I got my amonia and nitrate at 0 and nitrate just showing .been cycling using sand lr and prodibio. My question is at what rate can I move my corals over there's about 80 pieces estimated alot of it on rock??????

lockrookie
06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
my guess is whenever you have the ambition to get wet and have dishpan hands.. as long as your cycl is complete and stable i dont see any problem moving your corals over

reefwars
06-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm sure it is I used as much rock water as I could and new sand bed plus used prodibio start up first test I did showed little bit if amonia I left it be and now I'm gettin nothing and a little nitrates. It went alot easier than previous tanks with new stuff and traveled rock I sure tell ya , so I figure I'm gonna leave it for one more week and let the cleanup crew feast a bit more than I'm gonna bomb coral in there. What about the rock that's covered in coral will I see a spike in anything if I add it , it only needs to travel 3' so dieoff isn't gonna be big if any and I'm slowly swapping water from tanks as I'm doing water changes is that smart?? Thanks for your help:)

lockrookie
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
yes i plan to do the same when my 50g is built swapping water sort of speak and you shouldnt have any die off moving rock 3 feet. smart to wait one week patience is a virtue frustrating but good.