PDA

View Full Version : Chiller for 28g HQI Nano

Sean
06-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm still looking for a (New) chiller for my Nano Cube. Anyone know of some here in Calgary that are for sale. I'm looking for something around the $400-$550 range if possible. Iv looked online and there chillers out there for that price but everywhere I go here in town is selling for about $800 - $1000.

Also has anyone had any luck installing one of these to a nano cube, would I have to increase the amount of water in the over flow so that it can suck it up and spit the water out at a decent rate?

Coleus
06-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I have a used one for sale if you are interested. It is 1/6 Coralife chiller. $300. Sorry did not see you were looking used. nvm :-)

xtreme
06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
I saw a couple 1/15HP at Golds. Not sure on a price though.

Sean
06-29-2010, 10:46 PM
I pick up the chiller this weekend, and I'm now having some problems with it. The water temp is really not affected at but the machine says its chilling and all is well.

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? I was thinking it could be that the pump isn't strong enough to push the water out. Right now i'm just using the pump that came with the Nano cube. Any suggestions? Id hate to drop more money on a pump if the ones I have are working fine. Also any suggestions on a new pump would be nice. :)

Thanks for all your help over the years guys, I know i'm a pain but before I die I will have a working aquarium :D

Coleus
06-30-2010, 12:36 AM
have you calibrate the temp so it will match with the tank temp? Also, try to put the pump that has flow rate matching manufacture rate.