PDA

View Full Version : Red Coris Wrasse

frd72
06-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Anybody has a great idea on catching this fish from my tank, i bought this thought that it was reef safe but it was a mistake..
Please help me catch this fish..any idea??

thanks,
teddy

monocus
06-25-2010, 01:27 AM
get a 8-12 inch piece of 1 1/2-2 inch abs or pvc with one end capped off,partly fill with some sand and stick it in your tank,wait a day or two so it will become accustom to it,then stick some food in the end about noon time.it should make this his home as they like to hide under rocks and in the sand-with luck you will be able to trap it in the tube(corse you might trap a few other things as well-but you could sort t6hat out later)-it worked for me

Madreefer
06-25-2010, 01:38 AM
These are pretty hard to catch. Traps have never helped me out on these fish, others yes. Only way I was able to catch this fish was a total tank take down during moves. Twice. Both times I did'nt catch until scooping out the sand. Good luck, hope the trap monocus is describing works good for you.

Marlin65
06-25-2010, 02:40 AM
+ 1 total tank take down and sift through the sand.

frd72
06-25-2010, 02:40 AM
get a 8-12 inch piece of 1 1/2-2 inch abs or pvc with one end capped off,partly fill with some sand and stick it in your tank,wait a day or two so it will become accustom to it,then stick some food in the end about noon time.it should make this his home as they like to hide under rocks and in the sand-with luck you will be able to trap it in the tube(corse you might trap a few other things as well-but you could sort t6hat out later)-it worked for me

thanks in advance i will definitely try that out.
one thing that you forget to mention is the stuff you use as a trap door or some sort??

thanks,
teddy

monocus
06-25-2010, 04:21 AM
put another pvc cap over the entrance-the wrasse usually will go to "bed"in the early afternoon so it won't leave his new cave-they also bury themselves fairly well in the sand-so take the pvc pipe out after the lights are shutting down or at night.this way if you don't catch it right away you can put the pvc back in the same spot

burgerchow
06-25-2010, 08:28 AM
2 lb test, no 14 hook and a piece of frozen krill. You get to kill 2 birds with one stone. Catch the wrasse and have fun doing it.
ps, you might want to use a barbless hook if you want to keep the wrasse alive. lol..

frd72
07-06-2010, 07:43 PM
i am still looking for the best way to catch this fish.
it is really annoying now.
i am giving this fish to somebody who can give me the right way to catch this fish..( i don't know if somebody out there wants this fish) without emptying the tank..just help me even though you don't want the fish..lol

thanks,
teddy

Wingin It
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't want the fish but...

When you go to feed the fish, have food in one hand, and a net in the other...when the fish gather around your hand for feeding you'll have to be quick and dip the net to catch the fish. I've done this, though not for a wrasse, but a trigger, and it worked for me!

frd72
07-24-2010, 06:10 PM
finally today i told my self i had enough for this fish and with the help of my son as look out we manage to catch this fish..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxwv6NLkSzo

no fish was harm making this video!!!!

thanks,
tedy

tang daddy
07-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Nice catch man!!

and your aquascape looks neat aswell!

frd72
07-25-2010, 06:53 AM
still working on it.. now the zoas you gave can settle nicely on any rock...
thanks...\\

tedy