PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear green Paly Die Off rate

Steve-O-
06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I just sent my paly colny off by greyhound i dropped it off around 10am from PG wasn't suppose to leave till 4pm my time. to richmond meaning he would have picked them up the next day in the afternoon.

Anyways had around 100 heads on it now there claiming to be 65 heads. My question is would the shipping affect the coral that long in a bag for survival rate of the small heads and large ones?

Just trying to find a answer to this problem is all.
((i know i know never ship greyhound because they screwup and stuff dies)) was what the buyer wanted

lorenz0
06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
imo the price you were selling them for was a killer deal to say the least. hell i remember people paying $100 for 5 palys. **** happens in shipping, and even if 65 palys made it they still got a good deal.

also i have had stuff shipped for 20 hours, no problems at all

Steve-O-
06-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I sold them for $250.00 and now he wants $100 Back because its not all there. I kept telling him how is it my fault and no way im paying that much back when its worth almost $1000 but hey who am i. Not to mention with the price of the coral how do i know he isn't ripping me off there is money to be made

4lti7ude
06-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Shipping wasnt your responsibility.
65 Of those will pay themselves off in no time.
Tell him to stop being greedy and enjoy the 65 he has.

Seamazter
06-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Post his address we will go teach him to be happy he got such a sweet deal.
(As in we, I mean someone not me, and a lot meaner looking)
Yah i doubt there was any die off and even if there was that much die off he should be happy they actually arrived alive considering his shipping method.

Milad
06-24-2010, 08:40 PM
good news is that there is nuclear green paly in GVRD!!!
now i gota find it...

no_bs
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Hmmm, sounds fishy. Did he or she send you a picture right away?

muck
06-24-2010, 08:45 PM
How small is "small heads"?

bvlester
06-24-2010, 08:50 PM
what happens in shipping is not your fault as long as you both agreed that Greyhound was a good enough way to ship. those gray hound guys are not all nice nice to cargo. I would tell him to go pound sand, It was packaged and shipped to standard shipping practices in the hobby. I have 2 heads of these Nuclear green Paly came on a piece of Live rock with other zoe polups and some sort of SPS not sure what type yet but the puolups are very small. The rock had some other stuff on it that I was not intreste in so that was taken off and the rock started poping up stuff.

Bill

lorenz0
06-24-2010, 09:06 PM
I sold them for $250.00 and now he wants $100 Back because its not all there. I kept telling him how is it my fault and no way im paying that much back when its worth almost $1000 but hey who am i. Not to mention with the price of the coral how do i know he isn't ripping me off there is money to be made

I agree with everyone. If he wanted to and agreed to greyhound knowing the risk, its not your fault at all. IMO selling colonies of zoas has always been the downfall to me. I sold this one fella 2 of my colonies for close to nothing and he could have turned around and chopped it up making a few hundred on top of what he bought them for.

$250 is a killer deal. I hate how people cheap out on stuff with private sales but at any LFS they will pay the asking price.

Steve-O-
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks for all the info guys this really upset me a bit i did everything i could to make sure it was right. Riight now in my life i dont have time to deal with this guy as i have had 2 deaths((Accidents)) in my family and i have to go to grief theropy over this. But your right it on all this really lifts my spirits up.
Thanks

Chowder
06-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Overnight shipping for Zoas or palys you should have no lose at all. Worse case the paly or zoa would still be there closed. If any lose would occur, it would happen in the following week. You would actually see the polyps melting or fadding away. Zoas and palys ship overnight and sometimes longer all the time with no issues. You can also ship zoas and palys with no water just in wet newspapper.

Chris

Madreefer
06-24-2010, 09:42 PM
It's good to see that everyone who has posted is on your side. Not only do people have to worry about who they buy stuff off of, now we have to worry about who you sell to. Stick to your guns.

lorenz0
06-24-2010, 09:47 PM
You can also ship zoas and palys with no water just in wet newspapper.

this is so true, i moved LR with zoas on them and they were out of the water for 6 hours and they opened within the hour of being back in the water. If i recall properly someone had LR out of water for 6 months and than put it in the water and they opened back on. it was either on here or RC. Zoa's and palys can retain water for a while.

Best of luck to you bud, were on your side

whatcaneyedo
06-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I think someone already asked this but did they send you a picture as proof?

I find it pretty hard to believe that there was any actual death as well. I brought two coolers of coral down with me to Chilliwack in early May. They sat in the back of a pickup truck the whole way and through a freak snow storm just after 100 Mile. When we arrived the two heat packs had kept everything luke warm to the touch. Most of what I brought was picked up first thing he next day but two bags of zoanthids sat there getting cold because one person couldn't make it. By the time I finally got someone else to get them they were cold to the touch and had been in bags for over 24 hours. Yet they still looked absolutely fine. Maybe the person who eventually got them can chime in to say how they are doing now.

tang daddy
06-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Well since everyone has an opinion I will post up picks.......

I just got home from work to find this and it seems that there are a few people with big comments.....

The fact of the matter is that I paid for 100 polyps and only received 65ish if your counting the baby heads that can hardly be seen.....

I shipped greyhound because I thought it was cost effective and arrived the next day. The order arrived well with only 5 heads that were flattened and those polyps were on the side and did open up.

The package was shipped excellent in a styrafoam box, double bagged, lots of water and 5 heat packs no worries there.

here is the colony I recieved....

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/tangdaddy/P6240777.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/tangdaddy/P6240775.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/tangdaddy/P6240776.jpg

And just so were clear I PAID FOR 100 POLYPS!!!!! that is the point, not how much I paid.

For those of you that saw the original add you know these are alittle less than what was pictured.

Steve-O-
06-24-2010, 11:57 PM
I do admit those look really thin to what i sent you. Really spaced out truthfully doesn't even look like the same coral.

This is what i sent like i said i took the whole rock out into and bag then to the bus stop

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48470641@N03/4689889238/

I have no answers for this because im looking for answers on how this could happen.

hockey nut
06-25-2010, 12:31 AM
So it's kind of like buying a case of beer. If you pay for a dozen beer but get home and only finding 7 beer in the case expecting 12 beer..... I would be upset too. But then again I like beer. :wink:

Also it seems pretty harsh for most of you to take one side without hearing both sides....... wow!

kien
06-25-2010, 12:41 AM
The only thing I have to add to this interesting thread is.. :pop2:

Steve-O-
06-25-2010, 12:44 AM
I posted this to find answers is all on what could of happened. Personally i look at his picture he posted and mine and there is a huge difference. So far i have red people with Zoa or Pally who shipped them had no problems at all so why is this so different.

I also didn't use any names for this as i was looking for answer but im pretty much about to log off this site and not come back for months because i can't deal with this right now.

So thanks to all for the input on the subject i sent them he got them somthing happened i am done. Like he said Buyer beware market i guess i just will never sell anything again.

lorenz0
06-25-2010, 12:47 AM
only thing that could cause that was the side of the rock with all the paly's was resting on the box. were there any rolling around in the bag when you got them? looks like they need some time for plump back up.

I still think you got a killer deal. wicked frags used to sell 5 paly's for $75 and in the usa they sell for about $25 per paly.

give it a month or two, under good lighting that rock will be covered in them

Seamazter
06-25-2010, 12:50 AM
After the fact and that pictures do say volumes.
I would be disappointed as well being either the buyer or seller.

The seller has no colony and the buyer wants a little under half his money back.
The buyer tho didn't get the count he was expecting, whether this was due to shipping or some other unforeseen problem from sender to buyer.

I still as the seller wouldn't refund you 100$ but as the buyer you should see all this is nothing that could be controlled, why should he suffer when you have the colony.
Id consider selling a couple frags to get your 100$ you want back.
only to remove 10 polyps could net you your full buying price.
Im sure you would have a line of pms if you decide to do just that.

SpateD
06-25-2010, 12:59 AM
I bought a small paly colony once when I was in Calgary, and drove home, and when I put it in the tank after just the 2-3 hour drive the polyps looked the same as in the picture of the guy who received the item.

The reason it looks thinned out (if it's the same item) is because the "stems" of the paly's are all shriveled up. They take time to fully come back and it also depends on water flow. If they don't like the new flow, they may not come out as far and are going to stick to the rock like they are, which could just be from shipping also.

It wasn't a picnic in the sun being put in a bag all day. I've had mushrooms that took a week to 2 weeks before they started to open up and look what they did when I bought them. They have to adjust and accept the new system.

I think this guy needs to be happy on the bangin' deal he got and just remember... it's a hobby. Corals and fish die. If your that upset over it, you should look into something that has a longer and much more stable/reliable hobby or pet. Try a dog or cat.

Chowder
06-25-2010, 01:02 AM
only thing that could cause that was the side of the rock with all the paly's was resting on the box. were there any rolling around in the bag when you got them? looks like they need some time for plump back up.

I still think you got a killer deal. wicked frags used to sell 5 paly's for $75 and in the usa they sell for about $25 per paly.

give it a month or two, under good lighting that rock will be covered in them

I agree with Tang Daddy in the fact you pay for a hundred you expect a hundred. The original post said there was a 100 + polyps. No matter if it was a good deal or not. Also they sell for alot less now. 6 polyps in the states right now are $29.99 us. Fragalot was selling them for $10 a polyp

http://www.uniquecorals.com/nuclear-green-palythoa-frag-wysiwyg-2

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/246768/product.web

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/frg230.html

http://www.fragalot.ca/newzoa.html
from his ten dollar page
http://www.fragalot.ca/newsh/frags/nwshipnew1.html

Not to mention if you source them out locally from a reefer you can get them for cheaper.

Chris

bvlester
06-25-2010, 03:58 AM
I counted the Poles in the three pics posted here came up with 70ish, 70+ and 60+ so a picture does say much they are thinned and I would give it a few days as the really small polups may look allot different than they do now and the very small ones may look like the small ones there can be some that closed all together and look like part of the mat. As for counting I only counted ones I could see clear enough and yes that meant even the back a skirt. I have only seen this in one thank where there was loss like this and it was due to heat loss and the water quality, so I ask how cool was the water and did you test the water? http://www.flickr.com/photos/48470641@N03/4689889238/ in this picture I only count between 70 and 80 ish polups clearly but you can not see the entire rock in any of the pics. Unfortunately it is buyer be ware as we were shown a picture with the add for sale so I would have counted the polups I could see and ask questions.

Bill

tang daddy
06-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Yah everyone seems to say buyer beware....

How about seller beware!

I wasn't complaining about the size of the polyp but the lack of.

And another thing giving it time for polyps to fatten up isn't going to make 40 polyps appear out of the rock.
Some of you think it's a deal to get ripped off, I bet if it happened to you you'd be upset.

to prove a point/ simple math....
100 polyps at $250=$2.50
65 polyps at $250=$3.85
and finally 65x$2.50=$162.50

So refund me $80 and stop making excuses about how I can sell it and make all my money back and then have enough to retire!

Sebae again
06-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Unless there are some polyps we cant see ,I count 65. Maybe 100 plus is a figure of speech. A deal was made. I have seen Tang Daddy's sps tank before and I am sure he knows about coral and has been in this hobby long enough.So based on what I see I have to take TD's side.

pinhead
06-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Around 100 polyps means to me at least 95+. The pictures on flicker don't appear to have anything close to that. Tang Daddy's pictures show the polyps a little contracted due to shipping but nothing melting or falling off.

If I got 35% less on anything I paid for in good faith, I would expect a refund.

Coleus
06-25-2010, 07:56 AM
I say wait for a week and see if all polyps fill up again. But i would be mad too if i am expecting 100 poly and only get 65.

Steve-O-
07-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Really!!! I come home after being out of town doing my dads estate to find a Letter in my mailbox!!

looks like u got back your $250.00 AND YOU STILL HAVE MY CORAL!? I offered you some money back in my PM and never heard back from you on that. So you close my ****in paypal account take the money and keep the coral!! So its all my ****in loss now ?? looks like im buying a plane ticket!!!!!!

Coleus
07-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Well i hope you two can settle it out but i don't know how paypal can close your account because if buyer dispute a charge, send them your shipment receipt to paypal to settle your case.

Devonious
07-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Please keep us posted, i like this thread.

TheKid
07-15-2010, 09:39 PM
i nsaw the colony he recieved and it was clearly no where close to 100 and am glad chris got is money back!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Borderjumper
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
was the colony shipped back to you the same day the money was refunded? I wouldnt expect anything less than immediate return, and I would be counting every polyp also.

tang daddy
07-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Like I told you through Pm there was options..... I was going to ship you back the paly's and you give me a refund, but instead of taking any of the options I suggested you told me it was a buyer beware market and my problem now.

you also said you were going to refund me some money as soon as you got home after work but that was over 1 month ago and still nothing!

I am willing to work things out, just pm me

kien
07-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Wow, I am so confused!!

Doug
07-15-2010, 11:01 PM
This is best settled now through pm guys.

Despite
07-16-2010, 01:03 AM
gay

Steve-O-
07-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Lets just say that if you get ur money back and that coral remains with you things will get messy really fast! I offered you some money back and did you reply saying its OK!!! I wasn't about to give u money back and have this issue continue! I went threw the trouble on finding out what happened. There was no guareentee when u got the corals and you visa got a full copy of you even quoting me on it. I sent it you got it. But if this is how its gonna be well.......... I told you about the deaths in my ****in family and i wasn't gonna be around as well perfect time to **** me man because im all for it.

i made a call to a local police friend of mine name Begraw i emailed him all the info to try to charge for fraud and theft. Thanks to some canreefers for the idea.

TheKid
07-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Lets just say that if you get ur money back and that coral remains with you things will get messy really fast! I offered you some money back and did you reply saying its OK!!! I wasn't about to give u money back and have this issue continue! I went threw the trouble on finding out what happened. There was no guareentee when u got the corals and you visa got a full copy of you even quoting me on it. I sent it you got it. But if this is how its gonna be well.......... I told you about the deaths in my ****in family and i wasn't gonna be around as well perfect time to **** me man because im all for it.

i made a call to a local police friend of mine name Begraw i emailed him all the info to try to charge for fraud and theft. Thanks to some canreefers for the idea.

I know Chris and the last thing he is, is a scammer. He is rather a peRson with strong morals that he beleives should be followed so he and everyone is treated fairly. And don't take it as offence to you and your family as the timing is just bad, Chris is a nice guy

intarsiabox
07-16-2010, 03:10 AM
was the colony shipped back to you the same day the money was refunded? I wouldnt expect anything less than immediate return, and I would be counting every polyp also.

Even if it was, could easily have started a new colony by now but I don't think either party set out to intentionally rip the other off. It's cases like these that make me prefer to buy in person although I think the vast majority of Canreefers really do care about helping fellow reefers out otherwise they wouldn't be on this forum. Hope you guys get this resolved quickly!

Coleus
07-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Wow, I am so confused!!

Kien, passing me your popcorns quick. This is going to be a war between he said she said.

Steve-O-
07-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Ya so its Fair right guys i did everything right by shipping it being just a person some guy with a ****ing tank sold his coral and he gets the item, There was no guarentee between us he saw the pic i picked the ****ing thing up put it in the bag and shipped right away!. NOW! i have no ****ing money or no coral at all! What kind of Bullshit is that. Like you said its gonna be HE SAID and HE SAID AND............ Now been so long who ****ing knows what happened alse i know is i have NOTHING!

So im going to the RCMP in the morning to talk to my friend about the fraud/theft case. Then if this doesn't work im getting on my Bike and im gonna go up there and break his legs.

I don't even want to come back to this site over this crap i have no answers but im getting real ****in ****ed off right now. Just so u guys know there STILL!! is no PM response..... Im done!

TheKid
07-16-2010, 07:04 AM
IMagine if you posted the right amount? There would be absulutely no problems:mrgreen:

imisky
07-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Having known Chris (Tangdaddy) for so long hes not out to rip anyone off, and im sure those that have dealt with him can vouch for him as well. I think the problem with this deal was the initial statement of 100+ polyps. Now with a statement like that anyone would expect 100+ and with only 65 or so polyps arriving anyone would be a ticked off. The reason anyone "bit the hook" for this deal was because if you added up all the polyps to cost ratio it was not just a good deal but an AWESOME deal.

I hope you guys can figure this out without too much hassel. Coming from a legal perspective if this was brought to court...im afraid your case is not very good, having advertized 100+ polyps with only 65 arriving is considered fraud on your end:sad:. This is of course if you didnt offer him compensation which you did so its a pretty tough situation to be in, being out your item and the money your promised is never a good place to stand. Dont get me wrong im not trying to say you did it intentionally just trying to see this from a legal perspective

VFX
07-16-2010, 12:50 PM
So im going to the RCMP in the morning to talk to my friend about the fraud/theft case. Then if this doesn't work im getting on my Bike and im gonna go up there and break his legs.

Not so good to threaten violence on a public forum especially so if you're getting RCMP involved.

Chris is a nice guy & if you see the amount of coin he's willing to drop on this hobby then you'd quickly realise that scamming the price of 35 or so out of 100+ polyps isn't in his nature.

Hope you both get this resolved peacefully & without the need for police or legal action.

kien
07-16-2010, 01:26 PM
So just to be clear here, you refunded him his money? Some portion or all of it? He received the refund but now is refusing to return the refunded goods? This is what it sounds like you are saying.

fishytime
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM
obviously TD didnt count the polyps in the original for sale thread.....the colony looks to pretty much exactly the same size (just not as happy)....so why are you counting them now?......you paid for what you saw in the pic:wink:.....

Zoaelite
07-16-2010, 04:11 PM
obviously TD didnt count the polyps in the original for sale thread.....the colony looks to pretty much exactly the same size (just not as happy)....so why are you counting them now?......you paid for what you saw in the pic:wink:.....

I'm with Doug on this one I mean come on he posted a WYSIWYG photo of the colony for you. If you were unhappy with the polyp count to begin with you should of backed out of the deal.

kien
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Not that our opinions have any relevance in the matter, but I dunno, I would tend to disagree with Fishytime and ZoaElite.. The original sale thread did clearly say that you were getting at least 100 polyps. Looking at the picture and counting, sure, you can't see 100 polyps but that could mean some where hidden on the other side of the rock that you couldn't see, so the buyer is left with trusting the fact that if the seller says that there are 100 there for sale, then there is 100 there for sale, even if you can't see 100. I guess this is where, "buyer beware" comes into play. It is kind of like buying a jar of screws. If the seller/product says there are 100 screws in that jar, I expect there to be 100 in there, but no picture is going to show me that there are 100 in there. All I can see is a whole bunch of screws jammed into a jar. :neutral: I don't know about you guys but I would be taking that jar of screws back and asking for more screws or a new box with the advertised 100 screws.

Furthermore, even if the sale was attached with the statement, "what you see here is what you'll get", if it is followed by, "and there are 100 polyps there", well, that's great, so I would expect to see that exact rock that is pictured, AND I expect to to get 100 polyps on that rock (even if I can't see 100 polyps in the picture).. Just like the jar of screws right? What you see on the shelf is what you get, but the label says there are 100 in there so you don't take the box home and tell yourself, oh there are only 65 screws in here, well, I should have seen that there weren't 100 screws in that box, dumb me, I guess I'll go buy extra screws.

TheKid
07-16-2010, 05:12 PM
exactly thanks for explaing it kien

Not that our opinions have any relevance in the matter, but I dunno, I would tend to disagree with Fishytime and ZoaElite.. The original sale thread did clearly say that you were getting at least 100 polyps. Looking at the picture and counting, sure, you can't see 100 polyps but that could mean some where hidden on the other side of the rock that you couldn't see, so the buyer is left with trusting the fact that if the seller says that there are 100 there for sale, then there is 100 there for sale, even if you can't see 100. I guess this is where, "buyer beware" comes into play. It is kind of like buying a jar of screws. If the seller/product says there are 100 screws in that jar, I expect there to be 100 in there, but no picture is going to show me that there are 100 in there. All I can see is a whole bunch of screws jammed into a jar. :neutral: I don't know about you guys but I would be taking that jar of screws back and asking for more screws or a new box with the advertised 100 screws.

Furthermore, even if the sale was attached with the statement, "what you see here is what you'll get", if it is followed by, "and there are 100 polyps there", well, that's great, so I would expect to see that exact rock that is pictured, AND I expect to to get 100 polyps on that rock (even if I can't see 100 polyps in the picture).. Just like the jar of screws right? What you see on the shelf is what you get, but the label says there are 100 in there so you don't take the box home and tell yourself, oh there are only 65 screws in here, well, I should have seen that there weren't 100 screws in that box, dumb me, I guess I'll go buy extra screws.

trinac
07-16-2010, 05:15 PM
I can see a couple important facts here that need to be resolved:

#1 TD has the money back

#2 TD still has the coral

The coral should be returned to the seller promptly. Perhaps at the seller's expense, which I am sure the seller probably would be okay with?

If TD is such a stand-up guy as everyone is saying I think he would be more than happy to send a product back that he currently, now, hasn't paid anything for.

kien
07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I can see a couple important facts here that need to be resolved:

#1 TD has the money back

#2 TD still has the coral

The coral should be returned to the seller promptly. Perhaps at the seller's expense, which I am sure the seller probably would be okay with?

If TD is such a stand-up guy as everyone is saying I think he would be more than happy to send a product back that he currently, now, hasn't paid anything for.

This is where I am really confused.. TD says he didn't get any money?

Like I told you through Pm there was options..... I was going to ship you back the paly's and you give me a refund, but instead of taking any of the options I suggested you told me it was a buyer beware market and my problem now.

you also said you were going to refund me some money as soon as you got home after work but that was over 1 month ago and still nothing!

I am willing to work things out, just pm me

trinac
07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
From the post below, it appears that the money was exchanged via paypal back to TD

Really!!! I come home after being out of town doing my dads estate to find a Letter in my mailbox!!

looks like u got back your $250.00 AND YOU STILL HAVE MY CORAL!? I offered you some money back in my PM and never heard back from you on that. So you close my ****in paypal account take the money and keep the coral!! So its all my ****in loss now ?? looks like im buying a plane ticket!!!!!!

kien
07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
From the post below, it appears that the money was exchanged via paypal back to TD

Ya. Again, that is where the confusion is. It sounds like the seller refunded the buyer money, but the buyer is saying he hasn't received anything. See, confusing. :biggrin:

4lti7ude
07-16-2010, 05:28 PM
When shipping fish or corals from dealers isnt their no guarantee on them?

trinac
07-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Well whoever is in the wrong here, at this moment in time and it could be both parties, should just do the right thing.

In my opinion, the right thing would be to do the following:
#1 send coral back and refund cash
#2 go your separate ways

When exchanging live creatures there is always an element of risk involved, and more especially when dealing with folks you have no knowledge of. I think in this case, no one was out to take advantage of the other, instead Ego's were bruised by being talked of on a public forum and the issue has been escalated artificially.

Anyways, just sort it out like adults and get on with your day already.

SpateD
07-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Kien, I'm pretty sure from the sounds of the seller's upset post, that TD went and made a dispute on paypal. While the seller was gone, he couldn't reply his side of the story to paypal, hence paypal giving TD a full refund.

Disputes on paypal though I believe take up to a week.. You have to make a dispute, then escalate it into a claim. If TD didn't give the seller a chance to reply before turning it into a claim, then it would have been closed by paypal a lot faster.

I know how paypal works, and I think TD needs to make a choice, give the money back and keep the coral, or ship the coral ASAP without sabotaging it for the inconvenience. I would say with the situation as it is, take pictures of the coral before being shipped with watermarked dates, and show the seller, so when he gets it, he'll get what is in the picture and not what has been killed, or fragged or whatever else.

Coleus
07-16-2010, 06:43 PM
I think both of you should meet half way, First TD Asks for 100 bucks back, why not split $50 on each side instead going through shipping this coral back and forth and this does no good to the coral. This is why i hate shipping stuff because things like this can happen.

I think it is fair that TD resends money of $200 to Steve.

OR TD can also send me $250 plus the coral and i will settle it for both of you :-)

trinac
07-16-2010, 07:07 PM
lol :lol: No way hozzay!! I am like the voice of reason on this thread, I think THAT I should get the cash and the coral and everyone calls it a day.

Actually how about 3 more people also send me $250 and free corals, I want to buy a new fork for my bike and have a 90G to stock up!!

PM for transfer information and address.

I think both of you should meet half way, First TD Asks for 100 bucks back, why not split $50 on each side instead going through shipping this coral back and forth and this does no good to the coral. This is why i hate shipping stuff because things like this can happen.

I think it is fair that TD resends money of $200 to Steve.

OR TD can also send me $250 plus the coral and i will settle it for both of you :-)

PS. I am still under the impression that TD already has his $ refunded from Paypal. I wonder what the current situation is.

Zoaelite
07-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Kien you do bring up a good point, I also have to say that the condition of the colony isn't anything like what was posted for sale . In the photos below you can clearly see that the colony was stressed to the point of loosing tissue and coenenchyme mass, I would love to compare it to the original photo but the poster has removed it for some odd reason.

I have seen tones of zoas come in from the ocean and there is no way that the transport did that to them, colonies will close up but in no way will they loose tissue mass during transport. Loss of the mat occurs from irritation over time, I would time check the posters original photo but again it has been removed. I might argue that the original poster posted an old photo and that that colony went into recession causing him to sell it. If this is the case then shipping back and forth is going to result in a piece of liverock with no expensive polyps on it...

I think everyone has lost here... Hopefully you guys can come to a resolution but posting openly that your going to break each others legs and get the police involved is only acting to antagonize an already convoluted mess...

Well since everyone has an opinion I will post up picks.......

I just got home from work to find this and it seems that there are a few people with big comments.....

The fact of the matter is that I paid for 100 polyps and only received 65ish if your counting the baby heads that can hardly be seen.....

I shipped greyhound because I thought it was cost effective and arrived the next day. The order arrived well with only 5 heads that were flattened and those polyps were on the side and did open up.

The package was shipped excellent in a styrafoam box, double bagged, lots of water and 5 heat packs no worries there.

here is the colony I recieved....

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/tangdaddy/P6240777.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/tangdaddy/P6240775.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/tangdaddy/P6240776.jpg

And just so were clear I PAID FOR 100 POLYPS!!!!! that is the point, not how much I paid.

For those of you that saw the original add you know these are alittle less than what was pictured.

gobytron
07-16-2010, 07:56 PM
man, those are some nice palys...
bet they look incredble under actinics.

maybe I can paypal the original seller some money and go pick this up from TD.

then everyones happy....especially me.

burblecut
07-16-2010, 08:16 PM
wow..
The solution is simple.
Return money, return coral.
problem solved. Think about it, it's a chunk of coral...srsly. Just phone eachother and be civilised, there is nothing worse than bickering back and fourth over pm's and emails.

I should know, me and my wife do it daily:biggrin:

gobytron
07-16-2010, 08:46 PM
what does you and your wifes love life have to do with anything?:redface:

burblecut
07-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Does canreef have a facepalm smiley?:wink:

Borderjumper
07-16-2010, 09:02 PM

:doh: