PDA

View Full Version : My First Tank...about three months in

phar
06-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Well my tank has been set up for about three months now, maybe a little less. So far things have been going along. I have had a green hair algae outbreak. It seems to be gradually subsiding. This week, I had some patches of red hair algae growing on the live sand.
I lowered the photo period of my metal halides from about 12 hours a day to 8 to see if that makes a difference.
I'm thinking I need to get a phosphate remover going as well.
Just made the changes to the lighting so will give it a week and see if that will make a difference.
All fish and the few corals I have seem healthy, happy and eating.

kien
06-24-2010, 07:16 PM
That's great to hear, but where are the pictures ?? :biggrin:

Coleus
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
dont be intimidated by Kien pictures, post your pictures :-)

phar
06-24-2010, 10:19 PM
I'll take some when I get home. Won't hold a candle to most pictures on the forum but will do anyways.

kien
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
This isn't a photography forum it is a reefing/saltwater forum. Take pictures with your camera phone if you have to! :lol:

phar
06-25-2010, 03:17 AM
The tank as a whole. The stand was black when I bought it. I stripped it and re-finished it with a walnut finish. Let me tell you something about refinishing fish tank stands. Don't. Just by yourself a new stand. It's cheaper and quicker to build a new one.
Here's the tank. Let me know if those are zoanthids or mejano anenomies. The little polyps were black on the live rock when I first got the live rock. They have been growing like crazy since.
Any advice is most welcomed.

bignose
06-25-2010, 03:52 AM
very nice tank. those look like zoanthids to me.