PDA

View Full Version : what would eat a GBTA, 6line wrasee, yellow clown goby?

Milad
06-22-2010, 12:37 AM
So first my yellow clown goby went MIA without a trace
Then one of my 6 line wrasses went MIA without a trace
now my GBTA went MIA without a trace. the GBTA went MIA with a 4inch mean maroon clown hosting it. so weird, i havent seen anything in the tank.
All of them are around where a porcelain shirmp hangs out but he doesnt seem mean.

im so confused! And so is my maroon clown, shes hanging out where the GBTA was.

kien
06-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Powerheads eat GBTA. They seem to love the.. nom nom nom nom..

Not sure about the rest. Your tank is pretty new so I'm not sure anything ate them. They likely died and got "cleaned up" by the clean up crew. Happens all the time. Some people have had 5 inch tangs go missing over night :noidea:

The other possibility is a bad hitchhiker like a mantis shrimp. Try to set a trap with bait out to see if you can catch some.

Milad
06-25-2010, 01:39 AM
MY YELLOW CLOWN GOBY IS ALIVE!!! somehow he made it through the overflow, through the filter sock, through the 3 baffles, past sedra 9000 and into one of the chambers in my sump!! woot!! TIME FOR A DRINK!

Wingin It
06-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Lol lucky fish!!

banditpowdercoat
06-25-2010, 03:46 AM
I had a LTA Foxface Yellow Goby, Banggai cardinal all dissapear. and No powerheads in tank. all closed loop

trilinearmipmap
06-25-2010, 08:38 PM
MY YELLOW CLOWN GOBY IS ALIVE!!! somehow he made it through the overflow, through the filter sock, through the 3 baffles, past sedra 9000 and into one of the chambers in my sump!! woot!! TIME FOR A DRINK!

Check your overflow and sump carefully, my BTA ended up in my sump years ago, no idea how it got there.

4lti7ude
06-25-2010, 08:48 PM
If a powerhead eats a BTA what does it look like?
Wouldnt there be some sort of jelly or something around the tank?