PDA

View Full Version : New Aquarium in my place has changed my life (i think)

Milad
06-21-2010, 05:32 PM
so I dont know whats going on, if its even related but I use to cough like crazy when I went to bed or random times throughout my day.

now that I have the aquarium in the place, i haven't coughed!! coincidence? i dunno but i sure am sleeping alot better and feel rested through my days!!

anyone else run into something similar?

viperfish
06-21-2010, 05:56 PM
I haven't had anything like that happen, just a choking sensation when I get my Visa statement!

kien
06-21-2010, 06:02 PM
It tends to be very dry out this way which can cause some issues. Since setting up our 150g whole house humidifier the wife has been much more comfortable sleeping and what not. (so she says anyway).

hillegom
06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I haven't had anything like that happen, just a choking sensation when I get my Visa statement!

How true!

Zoaelite
06-21-2010, 10:04 PM
How true!

Well I feel allot better that it's not just me :neutral:.

Wayne
06-23-2010, 02:53 AM
I had the opposite reaction to my fish tank! I sleep less and worry more! :lol:

I spend my days waiting to go home and back to the tank, my evenings in front of the tank, and my night dreaming of my tank (well not every night, but lately...)

When I am not at the tank... I am here, learning more about the tank.

Anyone else have this problem or should I see someone? (Other than the LFS)

fishoholic
06-23-2010, 02:59 AM

I spend my days waiting to go home and back to the tank, my evenings in front of the tank, and my night dreaming of my tank (well not every night, but lately...)

Nope it's a fairly common problem If you need to see someone we all would! :lol:

The humidity level in your house has probably changed with the tank being in it causing it not to be so dry in your house meaning you can breathe better and cough less.

tinman
06-23-2010, 04:54 AM
hi my name is kevin and i am a reef addict!!

meenamjah
06-23-2010, 05:01 AM

ahh.. the dreaded Reef Addiction Syndrome...

when your significant other asks you "you love your fish more, or me?"...

lol

lastlight
06-23-2010, 05:30 AM
I know with previous tanks it meant more sleepless nights. Every little splash or sound (even for the short time the 225 ran) and I'd be dashing downstairs dreading the worst. I have found issues so it wasn't just paranoia. But...with the all-in-one simple tank I'm with ya...has helped me de-stress and improved my life.

viperfish
06-23-2010, 05:47 AM
I know with previous tanks it meant more sleepless nights. Every little splash or sound (even for the short time the 225 ran) and I'd be dashing downstairs dreading the worst. I have found issues so it wasn't just paranoia. But...with the all-in-one simple tank I'm with ya...has helped me de-stress and improved my life.

Ha ha! It's funny you say that. There's nothing like just finishing the plumbing on a new tank, then someone flushes a toilet or the washing machine drains and you darn near have a heart attack! It sure makes you a fan of fail safes and redundancy. Peace of mind comes when you have a backup for your backup.

Wayne
06-24-2010, 02:33 AM
ahh.. the dreaded Reef Addiction Syndrome...

when your significant other asks you "you love your fish more, or me?"...

lol

Um YAH! My wife actually auctioned up my fish tank on the radio for Justin Beaver tickets. Thankfully it wasn't the winning offer :sad:

meenamjah
06-24-2010, 02:38 AM
no... really?

Milad
06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Um YAH! My wife actually auctioned up my fish tank on the radio for Justin Beaver tickets. Thankfully it wasn't the winning offer :sad:

is your wife 12? wtf!!

Leah
06-24-2010, 05:14 PM

:lol:

Wayne
06-24-2010, 10:41 PM
is your wife 12? wtf!!

Not 12, I think it was more so to get back at me for spending all my time with my tank and neglecting her :redface:

Milad
06-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Not 12, I think it was more so to get back at me for spending all my time with my tank and neglecting her :redface:

ah i see, ya you have to get two service contracts going. Not just one for your tank.

Wayne
06-24-2010, 11:02 PM
ah i see, ya you have to get two service contracts going. Not just one for your tank.

I know :cry:

steveg
06-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for this, :lol:really made me laugh, sad but true....

Coleus
06-25-2010, 10:04 PM
well, it takes longer for me to retire :-). So definitely a life changing